Records Assistant II
Office of the RegistrarDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
As a member of the Office of the Registrar, Room & Course Scheduling team, the Records Assistant II (Registration and Records Assistant II) will provide functional support for class and event scheduling. Room & Course Scheduling is primarily responsible for the creation of the Schedule of Classes. In addition, Room & Course Scheduling is responsible for scheduling the use of centrally controlled classroom space for courses and ad hoc events. Room & Course Scheduling provides services for all faculty, staff and students on the University of Arizona campus, while also assisting off-campus clientele.
The Office of the Registrar is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the academic record. Serving all students, faculty, academic units, and student support functions; the Office is charged with the implementation of academic and student policies and their alignment to state and federal regulations and accreditation standards. The Office strives to be a leader and thought partner in creating efficient processes that are designed in a way that supports student success and service excellence.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in managing and processing Schedule of Classes and Event forms in different software systems (Ad Astra and
- Assist in managing the office’s two main phone lines, email, and front desk for the office during business hours.
- Assist in interviewing and training student worker assistants on Room & Course Scheduling.
- Provide assistance to academic and nonacademic departments in the scheduling of events and rooms.
- Assist in training academic departments in the creation of the Schedule of Classes.
- Assist recognized student organizations with scheduling rooms.
- Process special event requests using Ad Astra.
- Create reports comparing information in UAccess Student and Ad Astra.
- Maintain Term File for courses.
- Assist in creating and updating technical and non-technical documentation for internal and external purposes.
- Provide assistance in with Schedule of Classes clean-up reports.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Experience in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Student ServicesBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
3Career Stream and Level:
Registration & RecordsJob Function:
Student ServicesType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
5/31/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
5/6/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.