Administrative Support Assistant I (Graham Co)
Graham County OfficeDepartment Website Link:
2100 S Bowie Avenue, P O Box 127, Solomon, AZ 85551 USAPosition Highlights:
The Administrative Support Assistant I will provide general administrative functions to The University of Arizona Graham County Office located in Solomon, AZ. Incumbent will initiate and reconcile business transactions, perform general office tasks, schedule meetings, prepare reports and manage administrative records, and occasionally assist with program operations. Schedule is typically 32 hours a week, M-Th 8:00-5:00, but may require flexibility to accommodate office coverage when necessary and with advance notice.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocation services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
Business and Financial Responsibilities:
- Routinely initiates financial documents and transactions such as employee and vendor reimbursements, purchase requisitions, travel authorizations, distributions of income and expense, cash receipts, and gift receipts, verifying information, amounts, and totals on the various forms for accuracy.
- Cash handling according to policy: receiving funds, recording and maintaining audit records, and depositing revenues.
- Performs Time Coordinator duties: verify employee time has been recorded, ensure timesheets are approved by deadlines, monitor time exceptions.
- Assists department by making occasional monthly payments on received invoices when needed.
- Become familiar with and keep updated on relevant University Financial/Purchasing/Employment policies.
- Greets and provides guidance to department visitors, and answers and routes incoming phone calls.
- Collects and sorts incoming mail, with occasional delivering of outgoing mail to post office
- Compiles and organizes information for inclusion in reports and for department records.
- Provides guidance and assistance as needed to students, faculty, researchers and other staff on policies, practices and procedures.
- Schedules Unit meetings
- Liaison to County for building repairs and maintenance
- Monitors office inventories, and initiates replenishment of supplies.
Website, Department Database, and Record-keeping Duties:
- Updates unit's website, social media sites, department databases, and electronic files
- Organizes and maintains record-keeping systems, to include paper records and electronic records, according to UA policy
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of business and financial processes: credits, debits, revenue, expenses, reimbursements, receipts, electronic documents, filing
- Knowledge of business machines: computers, multi-line phones, fax, and copiers
- Excellent attention to detail
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience may be required
- Ability to drive according to the University Fleet SafetyPolicy
- Proficient experience working with Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Word, Outlook and Excel)
- Experience with cloud storage, social media platforms: Facebook and YouTube
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Organizational AdministrationBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$13.07 - $14.05Compensation Type:
3Career Stream and Level:
Administrative SupportJob Function:
Organizational AdministrationType of criminal background check required::
Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to title or department)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
6/1/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Jonie Burge, Business Manager
(928) 428-2432Open Date:
5/7/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.