Facilities Mgmt-Maint ServicesDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The Facilities Management Plumbing Shop is looking for a Plumber Lead to join our team. The Plumbing Shop in Facilities Management is an award winning team that provides a wide variety of plumbing services to the University of Arizona campus. We are interested in applicants who are passionate about the plumbing trade. Leaders in Facilities Management Maintenance Services are highly skilled in their trade, possess good people skills and are interested in mentoring their staff. We are looking for a Plumber Lead who will lead the work of journey level Plumbers and Trades Helpers and participate in the repair, maintenance, inspection and installation of systems and journey level crafts projects.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serves as technical resource to the Plumbing shop.
- Assigns and inspects the work of Plumbers and Trades Helpers prioritizing and assigning task so that the team’s resources are used effectively and that work schedules and targets are met.
- Plans and develops works schedules, equipment usage schedules and procedures for equipment maintenance
- Determines material and labor estimates.
- Installs, repairs and maintains chilled water, steam, heat, water, gas, drainage, sewage and other plumbing systems.
- Operates reamers, threading discs, sewer tapes, pipe cutters, snakes and other plumbing equipment and hand tools.
- Inspects joints, valves, pumps, boilers, heaters, sinks, commodes, tanks, valves and other plumbing system components to locate malfunctions and repairs or replaces when necessary.
- Studies plans, drawings, specifications and work orders to determine work requirements and sequence of repairs and/or installations.
- Performs preventative maintenance work as required.
High school diploma orequivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
Minimum of 7 years ofrelevant experience required.Preferred Qualifications:
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Facilities, Grounds and InfrastructureBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
7Career Stream and Level:
Skilled Crafts & TradesJob Function:
Facil, Grounds, & InfraType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
6/28/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Michelle Obregon520-621-0255 or [email protected]Open Date:
5/6/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.