Spartanburg Methodist College, founded in 1911, is a private residential liberal arts institution serving a diverse student population within the United Methodist Connection. Since its founding as the first co-op school in the nation, SMC has remained dedicated to its mission to connect education and employment. After over 100 years as an Associate Degree granting institution, the college launched its first bachelor’s degree in 2019. Today, the college’s emphasis on education and employment includes a unique professional development concentration comprised of eight required courses for students seeking associate and bachelor’s degrees.Systems Analyst/Developer Job Description
All employees of Spartanburg Methodist College are entrusted with assisting the College to achieve its vision and mission. Customer focus, college service, and a willingness to assist as needed are expectations of all employees.
Organizational Responsibilities: The Systems Analyst/Developer reports to the Vice President of Analytics and Continuous Improvement.
Job Summary: The Systems Analyst/Developer is a member of the Department of Analytics and Continuous Improvement. The primary responsibility for this position is the ongoing support and configuration of SMC’s Ellucian Colleague SAAS implementation. Additionally, the position will provide support for other administrative software systems and the integrations between these systems. The position will also be involved in reporting and analyzing data to assist in data-informed decision-making.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist in implementation and ongoing support of Ellucian Colleague and related products.
- Development and implementation of the Ellucian Experience web/mobile portal
- Application administration including configuring, documenting and maintaining administrative applications. Primarily Ellucian Colleague, but could include Slate, Raisers’ Edge, Financial Edge, and other applications as needed.
- Build and implement data integrations between systems independently and with team members
- Perform system conversions and data migrations
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and develop custom integrations, solutions, and reports for enhancing business process productivity
- Understand and keep abreast of best practices for assigned applications, programming languages, and tools
- Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes
- Provide assistance and advice to business users in the effective use of applications and information technology
- Participate in business analysis activities to gather required reporting and dashboard requirements. Translate business requirements into specifications, develop and implement the required reports and dashboards, created from potentially multiple data sources.
- Perform related duties as required or assigned
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with members of the college community
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge and experience with ERP or SIS software solutions and relational database technologies
- Ability to write, update, and troubleshoot SQL scripts. Preferably T-SQL and PostgreSQL.
- Knowledge and experience working with resources such as APIs, JSON, PowerShell
- Skilled in reporting/analytics tools such as Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Power BI, R, Python
- Web Development skills including HTML, CSS, etc.
- Troubleshooting skills
Working Conditions: This work is normally performed in an office environment.
- Manual and physical dexterity and visual acuity needed to operate a computer keyboard and handle paper documents.
- Sufficient near vision acuity to read information appearing on a computer display screen, in hand-written form, and printed on paper.
- Adequate hearing and verbal abilities to communicate effectively in person and remotely.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Prior experience in higher education preferred
- Prior experience with Ellucian Colleague preferred
Please send a letter of interest, resume and list of three (3) references to:
Director of Human Resources
Spartanburg Methodist College
1000 Powell Mill Road, Spartanburg, SC 29301.
Application materials may also be submitted electronically to [email protected]
- Application open until filled.
Spartanburg Methodist College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any legally protected status in any personnel action regarding the recruiting, hiring, and promotion of faculty and staff members.
This job description provides a representative summary of the nature and responsibilities of the position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive listing of all duties and responsibilities which may be modified at any time. The job description is not intended to imply or to create a contract of employment.