Job location: University Campus Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
Job Description SummaryThis position is responsible for the timely, accurate and confidential entry, deposit, receipt, acknowledgment, tracking, and reporting of gifts and pledges made to Saint Leo University as well as the production of a variety of reports related to the University’s fundraising activities. This position has responsibilities in three critical areas at Saint Leo University including gift processing, data integrity, and customer service/donor relations. This position builds working relationships with internal team members and works closely with the payroll and finance departments to ensure accurate donation management. This position demonstrates a commitment to delivering quality work with a passion for details and process improvement.
***Seeking to staff position after July 1, 2021***
DUTIES AND TASKS:
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar or related or a logical assignment to the position. Management may require incumbents to perform duties other than those contained in this document.
- Record promptly and accurately all pledges and gifts made to the University in accordance with the University’s gift stewardship policies and procedures.
- Deposit processed transactions with Business Affairs in a timely manner according to the University’s gift stewardship policies and procedures.
- Receipt and acknowledge promptly and accurately all gifts made to the University in accordance with the University’s gift stewardship policies and procedures.
- Ensure pledge reminders are prepared and sent according to University’s gift stewardship policies and procedures.
- In conjunction with Business Affairs, reconcile Business Affairs records (Workday) with Development database (Raiser’s Edge) and correct entry errors.
- Maintain all constituent and gift records including adding new records, updating records, duplicate record merging, file clean-up, coding, and monitoring general data integrity to ensure all biographical information is appropriately obtained and kept up to date in accordance with best practices and organizational processes.
- Partner with the Advancement Services Manager to assess, develop, and implement policies and procedures to guide accurate database utilization, data entry, gift processing, and reporting, and to protect sensitive donor information.
- Perform basic web research as assigned.
- Assists in the production, maintenance, and distribution of financial reports including, but not limited to, gift/pledge logs, weekly and monthly reports, and executive dashboards.
- Assists in the annual production and submission of the VSE Report.
- Interacts with donors, volunteers, faculty, and staff to answer questions/requests regarding gifts/pledges.
- Provides support for the annual audit and fiscal monthly and year-end closing processes.
- Participate in University or outside functions, committees, etc. as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Advancement Services.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated computer literacy to include Microsoft Office
- Excellent detail, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to manage time and prioritize workload
- Ability to function both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Familiarity with web search techniques
- Prior experience using Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge or similar donor software preferred, but not required.
- Excellent communication skills
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 years experience in finance, accounting, bookkeeping, data entry, record-keeping, administration or related field.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student, and graduate success.
Why Work at Saint Leo?
What it’s Like to Work Here: Ask our employees and the one word they’d use to describe working at Saint Leo University is “Community.” Our team members all share the Saint Leo core values, positive attitudes, and problem-solving abilities, enabling them to provide excellent student centered service. Our mission is educating and preparing students for life and leadership in a challenging world. Thank you for your interest in joining the Saint Leo PRIDE!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Saint Leo, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Available benefits based on employment status (Full Time vs Part Time).
- Inclusive Group Health Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Group Health Plan features include Teledoc, Surgery Plus!, Wellness Incentive Program, Nationwide Pet Insurance, just to name a few!
- Health Reimbursement Account (University Paid!) and Flexible Spending Accounts (healthcare and dependent options)
- Tuition Remission (Employee, Spouse, and Dependents)*
- Tuition Exchange opportunity for dependent of employees*
- Paid Personal Leave (Sick, Vacation, Holidays)
- 403b - Annual match 3%-9% of pay based on employee’s contribution. University match and fully vested within one month of hire date.
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance valued at 30k (University Paid!)
- Income Protection Benefits after one year
- Additional options for supplemental insurance
*Eligibility based on meeting required service period