Temporary Desktop Support Technician
University of Colorado – Auraria Library
Temporary Desktop Support Technician
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
Review of applications will begin 5/19/2021 and will continue until the position is filledThe University of Colorado Denver’s Auraria Library seeks a detailed and collaborative 6-month temporary Desktop Support Technician to join Auraria Library’s Information Technology and Web Services department within the Digital and Scholarly Division.
Located in downtown Denver, Colorado, the Auraria Campus is home to three institutions of higher education – University of Colorado Denver, Metropolitan State University of Denver, and Community College of Denver – the latter two are Hispanic-Serving Institutions. The Auraria Library serves the campus’ over 45,000 students, including many first-generation, underrepresented, and non-traditional students, and sees more than 750,000 visits a year. Auraria Library is committed to diversity within its community and welcomes applications from historically underrepresented candidates. The library seeks candidates who embrace a multicultural, diverse, and inclusive workplace, and who strive to incorporate those values in their work and interactions. Nature of Work The Auraria Library, serving the University of Colorado Denver, Downtown Denver Campus; Metropolitan State University of Denver; and the Community College of Denver seeks, a Desktop Support Technician within the Information Technology and Web Services Department. This position will work with and troubleshoot problems for Windows and Mac based computers, office printers, email accounts, Internet browsers, network connectivity, remote computer access, and other computer support duties for the students, faculty, and staff at the Auraria Library. This position will also provide technology support for classroom, self-checkout machines, group study rooms and assist as needed with other equipment such as that in the Innovation Garage, Digital Media Studio, and Discovery Wall. Professional Field
Information Technology Supervision Received
Desktop Support ProfessionalSupervision Exercised
None Examples of Work Performed
- Provide technical support for hardware, software, and network issues Setup, install, and configure office and productivity software on employee laptop and desktop computers – both Windows and Mac based operating systems Configure and deploy images for computer labs Respond to and resolve assigned work orders generated through the Library IT ticketing system Install, configure, and troubleshoot networked printers and scannersMonitor and track work orders escalated to CU Denver OIT – issues related to networking, security, email, etc. Assist in disposal of out-dated equipmentAssist with training of student workersProvide audio/visual technology and computer support for classrooms, group study rooms, and Discovery Wall
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communications skills Excellent organization, time management, and attention to detail skills Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills Ability to work with individuals with a wide range of computer skills, specifically when communicating technical information Ability to work within specified deadlinesAnalytical and problem solving skills
Diversity and Equity:Please click here for information on disability accommodations: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/human-resources/employee-relations-performance/ada-complianceOffice of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equityThe University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a closely related field.
- Work experience in the occupational field or specialized subject area of the work assigned to the job may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the Bachelor’s degree.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or closely related field Experience working in a desktop support role Experience troubleshooting current Windows and Mac Operating Systems Experience using remote computer access or maintenance software Experience with Active Directory and DomainsExperience with computer or application imaging software
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: May 5, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing