Academic Director LYNX Camps
DescriptionCollege of Arts and Media- Dean’s Office Academic DirectorOpen to current full-time faculty in the College of Arts & Media
University of Colorado | CU Denver
In recognition of the need for action to combat persisting inequities within higher education and tap into the power of transdisciplinary research and collaboration as the means for addressing the grand challenges that face the creative industries in the 21st century, the College of Arts & Media is implementing a national hiring strategy to attract diverse applicants. This strategy aims to:
attract a diversity of scholarly and creative work, pedagogical practices and methodologies, insights and worldviews to the applicant poolattract candidates who mirror and engage with the intersectionalities in our communityattract a more inclusive breadth of qualified candidates to the applicant poolfoster greater equity across the institutionTimeframe of appointment:
May 1, 2021- June 30, 2021Nature of Work
The CU Denver LYNX National Arts and Media Camps (LYNX Camp) Music Industry Programwill take place from June 14th- June 25th on the CU Denver campus and online. Moreinformation about the LYNX Arts Camps is available on our website:https://artsandmedia.ucdenver.edu/prospective-students/lynx-campsGeneral Overview:
The Music Industry Program Academic Director (AD) will be in charge of helping to plan the2021 Music Industry Program camp, select instructors, and lead the instructors during thecamp student management and community outreach for the music industry program. Salary
The total annual stipend for this administrative role is $5000; paid over May, June and July, and is taxable income.The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services
.University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits-wellness
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensationDiversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
Office of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
· Must be a full-time faculty in the College of Arts & Media.· Minimum of 3 years, as faculty, in the College of Arts & Media.· Prior experience working in the LYNX Camps, with at least one summer session as the LYNX Camp DirectorPreferred Qualifications
· Experience mentoring or advising students or faculty in leadership roles.· Experience working with and initiating contact with music industry program guest artists, presents and venues. · Demonstrated experience in student management, community outreach and the music industry.Before the camp the AD will:
- Attend planning meetings about the LYNX Camp with the LYNX Camp Director and the LYNX Camp Coordinator.
- Help make initial contact to music industry program guest artists, presenters, and
venues. Gauge interest and make recommendations about guest artists.
During the camp the AD will:
- Assist the LYNX Camp Director and Coordinator with outreach, recruitment, and alumni relations.
- Help to raise scholarship money for the LYNX Camp.
- Prepare, setup and plan elective courses and ensembles
- Other duties as assigned
- Attend the camp orientation session and training.
- Teach elective and ensemble classes.
- Help with opening day events.
- Be on campus from 9:00-4:30 daily Monday through Friday during the camp. Help
- oversee students, and visit classrooms when not teaching.
- Attend and/or facilitate 1-2 guest artist visits.
- Attend and facilitate singer/songwriter final showcase.
- Organize and facilitate an end of camp wrap up/ reflection session for campers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.Job Category:
May 6, 2021Unposting Date:
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University