Title: Digital Media Assistant/Graphic Design
Duke University’s goal is to be a leader in college athletics digital and social media. Under the direction of the Executive Director of Digital Strategy and working closely with colleagues from the External Affairs department, the Digital Media Assistant/Graphic Design will help execute the Duke Athletics digital and social strategy through visually appealing and on-brand still and motion graphics.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create still and motion graphics for distribution across all official Duke Athletics social media platforms
- Collaborate with program-specific creative teams, including representatives from Digital Media, Communications, the Blue Devil Network, Marketing and the Ticket Office
- Prepare rough drafts and amend designs based on feedback
- Manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Ensure final graphics and visuals are engaging, appealing and accurate representations of the Duke Athletics brand
Preferred knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in graphic arts, communications or related field
- Strong proficiency in still and motion graphics
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and capacity to thrive in pressure situations
- Ability to work flexible hours
- 1-2 years working, whether as a student or professional, in a collegiate athletics sports information, digital/social media or marketing office
- 1-2 years of experience with graphic design (still and motion) at the collegiate or professional level
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and/or other relevant software
Work requires a knowledge of basic grammar and mathematical principles to perform routine clerical/office support duties normally acquired through a high school education.
None required above minimum education/training requirement. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.