Cloud DevOps Systems Administrator
Permanent Staff (EHRA NF)Department:
Renaissance Computing Inst-637100Working Title:
Cloud DevOps Systems AdministratorAppointment Type:
EHRA Non-FacultyPosition Posting Category:
Information TechnologySalary Range:
Dependent on Qualifications and ExperienceFull Time/Part Time?:
Full-Time PermanentHours per Week:
20001321Posting Open Date:
05/17/2021Open Until Filled:
NoProposed Start Date:
This position’s primary responsibility is to manage cloud native infrastructure and underlying services. As a Cloud DevOps Systems Administrator on our team you will lead efforts to incorporate open source tools, automation and cloud resources to cut down on manual, repetitive tasks and allow software developers to focus on development. Implement continuous integration and delivery to limit manual testing and troubleshooting. Provide technical support and guidance for RENCI projects that involve local and national collaborations. This is an opportunity to broaden your capability to automate and build modern-day cloud and DevOps skills.Educational Requirements:
Masters and 1-2 years’ experience or Bachelors and 2-4 years’ experience or will accept a combination of related education and experience in substitution.Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong hands-on system administrator experience on public cloud platforms, at least one of the big three (GCP, AWS, and Azure).
- Strong experience with managed Kubernetes in the cloud (GKE, AKS or EKS).
- Strong experience with implementation and ongoing administration of on-prem Kubernetes clusters.
- Experience managing k8s storage (PV, PVC, NetApp Trident).
- Experience with k8s networking (Services, Endpoints, DNS, LoadBalancers).
- Strong working knowledge of container technologies (Docker, Podman, or Singularity).
- Experience with Test and build systems such as Jenkins, Maven or Ant.
- Strong experience with Linux (CentOS/RHEL).
- Experience with Configuration Management tools such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef.
- Working knowledge of tools like Git, GitHub and DockerHub.
- Working knowledge with one or more programming tools: Bash, PowerShell or Python.
- Working knowledge of monitoring technologies (Splunk or Nagios).
- Experience with cloud storage (S3, object storage).
- General operational experience such as good troubleshooting skills, understanding of system’s capacity, bottlenecks, basics of memory, CPU, OS, storage, and network.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.