IT Implementation Professional II
PG190915EPInternal Recruitment :
IT Implementation Professional IIAnticipated Hiring Range:
$45,000 - $50,000Work Schedule:
Monday-Friday, 8 AM -5 PMJob Location:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
Technology Support ServicesAbout the Department:
Technology Support Services (TSS) provides a variety of technology support and consulting services for the NC State University campus community. Major service areas include:
- The NC State University Help Desk which provides support desk services for the Office of Information Technology (OIT) and other campus IT service providers. These services are delivered to all university students, employees, and other affiliates (applicants, retirees, parents, etc.)
- Manage desktop environments for Windows and Macintosh workstations (OIT Managed Desktop)
- Design, implementation and ongoing support for campus learning spaces (ClassTech)
- Student-focused computing (ResNet, OIT Walk-in Center, student labs, printing)
- IT service management process support and tools (ServiceNow)
- Hosted server and application services
- Support for secure research computing environments
- Enabling services for Windows workstations.
This IT Implementation Specialist II position provides advanced-level support, including OS, driver, and application configuration and troubleshooting for workstations (desktop computers, laptops, and other supported devices) and peripherals that are part of the Office of Information Technology’s (OIT) Managed Desktop Service (OITMD).
This position acts as the OIT Liaison for the Global Engagement Institute. The position will assist with selecting software to manage student Study Abroad. The position will work with each department within the Institute (Study Abroad, Global Training Unit, International Services, Passport Services, NCSU European Center in Prague, Japan Center, and the Intensive English Program) to ensure that their business processes are being supported by appropriate IT processes. In addition to the standard desktop support role, the position advises on IT or directs IT questions to the appropriate personnel within OIT.
The daily responsibilities include resolution of workstation problems, working either on-site with users, or remotely, while providing exemplary customer service. As part of the support process, the IT Implementation II provides support of hardware, applications, operating systems, and networking. This function requires an in-depth understanding of a wide variety of technologies to effectively support end-users and to provide helpful and accurate information to peers and IT colleagues across campus. As a senior member of the OIT Managed Desktop Support (OITMD) team, this position may participate in in-depth application support, system integration and networking activities. This work requires very strong communication skills, an ability to effectively interact with a broad range of end-users and IT professionals, as well as, an ability to use a variety of resources for diagnosing and resolving technical problems.
Workstation Configuration and troubleshooting
- Uses SCCM, Jamf Pro, and other support tools to manage computing systems and increase desktop support efficiencies.
- Images endpoints, deploys applications and provides troubleshooting for non-routine problems that arise.
- Provides updates on work progress to other support staff and the Service Desk using call tracking system.
- Builds test computing environments for enterprise system upgrades for EAS development teams as needed.
- Provides excellent customer service through prompt responses and communicating complex ideas in language that customers understand.
- Proactively promotes positive customer relationships and mentors others to ensure client satisfaction and organizational success.
- Takes ownership of customer problems and works with a sense of urgency to resolve incidents and problems.
- Communicates status of progress to the customer.
- Ability to communicate with clients to understand their business needs and provide solutions that meet those needs and still comply with standard operating procedures and campus security requirements.
- Follows up with clients to ensure that questions have been answered and no outstanding issues remain.
- Serves as a productive project team member through timely completion of assigned tasks.
- Demonstrates initiative in solving problems associated with projects and daily work.
- Demonstrates effective planning and time management of individual tasks.
- May also lead project teams or work groups, serve as a technical expert to management, and/or functions in a project management capacity for projects scoped to the level of the position.
Other duties as assigned.Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree with two or more years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experienceOther Required Qualifications:
Experience with Windows workstation configuration and support.
Capability to support & administer vendor-specific hardware and operating systems, troubleshoot, diagnose and repair problems of moderate to high complexity.
Knowledge of technology principles and terminology associated with SCCM, Active Directory, Print Servers, the OITMD Environment, & ServiceNow, or similar software.
Ability to independently resolve problems.
Ability to create solutions that work for the client but must be sustainable over time.
Ability to transfer knowledge to other support staff members.
Ability to communicate technical information to individuals on varying levels of understanding.
Ability to work closely with customers across the organization to assess needs and provide solutions.
Knowledge of appropriate IT security measures required by the organization.
Ability to configure and support the approved solutions/applications to meet requirements.Preferred Qualifications:
N/ARequired License(s) or Certification(s):
N/AValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
04/26/2021Anticipated Close Date:
Open Until FilledPosition Number:
EHRA Non-FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
513001 - Technology Support ServicesAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.