Library Technician, ILL Services
The University of Denver Libraries, comprised of the Main Library at the Anderson Academic Commons, a remote storage facility called the Hampden Center, and the Bonfils Stanton Music Library in the Newman Center, is a highly collaborative organization that serves a diverse population, ranging from our students, staff, and faculty to public and other academic patrons from the surrounding region. The Anderson Academic Commons is the campus centerpiece for collaborative teaching, learning, and engagement. The University of Denver Libraries are central to discovery and creative interaction among students and faculty, and provide collections, services, personnel, and systems that support the teaching and research programs of the University. The institution is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and inclusive faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment.
Reporting to the Interlibrary Loan Supervisor, this position is responsible for processing of Interlibrary Loan Lending and Document Delivery requests and works scheduled shifts on call at the Service Desk assisting and coaching student employees with circulation and other library patron needs. This position is responsible for the opening the library on Mondays and the work schedule is Monday through Friday (6:30am-2:30pm). On occasion the schedule requires flexibility as this position provides coverage for other staff and for changes to operating hours as needed. All staff participate in a team-based organization and this position is a member of the Access Services Team.
- Responsible for Interlibrary Loan lending including identifying and locating materials to be loaned to libraries in good standing, as well as process article delivery.
- Works with the Hampden Center, Stacks Department, and Interlibrary Loan staff to ensure all lending and scanning requests are completed in a timely manner.
- Monitors outstanding shipped materials to ensure timely delivery of materials loaned and borrowed.
- Completes reviews of checked out material and updated requests to ensure materials are properly checked out and returned in different tracking systems.
- Supports and assists student employees workflow in ILL Lending.
- Supports Interlibrary Loan Borrowing requests as needed.
- Communicates Interlibrary Loan policies to lending libraries and DU patrons.
- Corresponds with borrowing libraries regarding requests as needed in a timely manner.
- Corresponds with borrowing libraries regarding billed and lost material.
- Resolves and or reports problems and concerns to the Interlibrary Loan Supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience performing detailed work in an automated system, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and work under pressure, ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously is required.
- Experience in public service or customer service is required.
- Experience working in a library.
Monday - Friday, 6:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Monday, June 7th, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 4.
The hourly range for the position is $15.33 - $22.17.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.