Assistant/Associate Professor of Kinesiology (F231)
Position Tracking Number: F231
School/College: School of Behavioral and Applied Sciences
Location: Azusa Campus
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. As a leading Christian university in California, Azusa Pacific University grounds rigorous academics on a solid spiritual foundation. With an intentional focus on scholarship, faith integration, diversity, and internationalization, APU provides high-quality academic programs within a tight-knit community of disciples and scholars. APU is classified by the Carnegie Foundation as an R2 Doctoral University, recognizing APU’s high level of research activity. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering more than 100 bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional locations across Southern California, APU continues to be recognized annually as one of America’s Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report.
Full-time faculty position in the Department of Kinesiology. The qualified individual will teach in the Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology major. Our department and university is committed to diversity and inclusive excellence, and strongly encourages diverse applicants to apply.
We are seeking a faculty colleague in our thriving Kinesiology program in order to strengthen our existing team and enhance opportunities for our students. We welcome applicants with expertise in one of the following areas: exercise physiology, sport science and performance, strength and conditioning, and/or nutrition and behavior change.
- Excellent teaching at the undergraduate level in a Christian University setting. Potential courses may include introduction to kinesiology, anatomy and physiology, sport psychology, exercise physiology, sport and exercise nutrition, and/or discipline-specific writing courses. Specific courses taught will be negotiable based upon the applicant's areas of specialization and interest.
- Develop and participate in a research agenda that engages undergraduate students and colleagues in the department and school. Candidates with a history of research grant funding and publication are highly desired.
- Serve the program, department and university as a productive and collaborative colleague.
- Mentor undergraduate students through discipline-specific faith integration and spiritual formation.
Level: Faculty level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Qualifications: A terminal degree in Kinesiology or related fields is required.
Candidates skilled at creating active learning experiences in kinesiology courses are highly desired. Preference will be given to candidates with professional experience in sport and exercise performance, as well as laboratory and field-based assessment techniques. Qualified candidates with evidence of research grant funding and publication are encouraged to apply.
Workload: Full-time Faculty.
Intended Hire Date: August 16, 2021
- Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
- Ability to collaborate with other faculty and staff and maintain collegial relations.
- Self starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Candidates must align with Azusa Pacific University's Christian identity. Faculty members are expected to sign a Statement of Faith (available at http://www.apu.edu/about/believe), to adhere to the policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook, and to integrate the Christian faith in teaching and scholarship.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
To apply, visit http://www.apu.edu/cp/employment/. Review of applications will begin June 1, 2021, and the position will remain open until filled. Please direct questions to Dr. Eric Sorenson, [email protected]