Director of Operations, Men's Basketball
The University of Denver has a proud athletic tradition that compliments the schools academic endeavors. In its history, DU has won 31 national championships and enables student-athletes to compete on 18 Division 1 teams. The Pioneers pursue championships, excel academically, and represent both the University and their respective conferences to the best of their abilities.
The Director of Basketball Operations assists the Head Coach in the administration of all aspects of the sport program including, recruiting, contest scheduling, supervising sports personnel, coordinating its travel itineraries, budget management, coordinating logistics including team meals, buses, video and meeting rooms and film exchange, and ensuring program compliance with NCAA, Conference, and University rules and regulations.
- Handling the programs daily basketball operations, coordinating its travel itineraries, and overseeing the teams student managers, on-campus recruiting, monitoring the academic progress of student athletes.
- Assisting with video editing systems, providing game day management, assisting with designing graphics and content of recruiting materials, managing the budget, contest scheduling, monitoring study tables.
- Assist in the recruitment of student-athletes under the direction of the Head Coach.
- Exhibiting the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with regard to adherence to NCAA, Conference, University, and the Department of Athletics and Recreations Code of Ethics.
- Achieving competitive results that demonstrate athletic excellence.
- Demonstrating a sincere interest in the social, emotional, academic development, as well as the athletic welfare of student-athletes.
- Demonstrating excellent writing, speaking, and listening abilities.
- Exhibiting supportive and cooperative behavior in pursuing sport program goals established by the Head Coach.
- Exhibiting leadership and professional behavior in dealing with student-athletes.
- Participating in continuing education conferences, workshops, or meetings to increase professional skills and knowledge.
- Contributing to the maintenance of good working relationships with all members of the Division.
- Assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Athletics and Recreation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations with demonstrated exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills strong organizational skills.
- Ability to support high academic standards and to motivate students.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Previous experience in basketball operations.
- Master's degree.
- Experience at the Division I level.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Thursday, May 20, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 9.
The salary range for this position is $55,000 - $60,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.