Front Office Coordinator
Job location: Boca Raton
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-05-05
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Front Office Coordinator, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
The Front Office Coordinator reports directly to the Assistant Director, Compliance and Clinical Operations and is responsible for overseeing the following functional units within SHS: Medical records requests and front desk operations. Position oversees front desk support staff.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Supervise, train, and oversee front desk support staff, and delegate assignments as needed (this includes front desk support staff at the partner campuses).
- Evaluate performances according to established criteria.
- Approve and track staff time and leave.
- Conduct periodic meetings with front desk support staff.
- Communicate with staff members individually as needs arise.
- Assist in updating position descriptions as needed.
- Supervise appropriate coverage of critical front desk and scheduling areas, filling in for absent staff as needed.
Medical Records Requests
- Responsible for the oversight and processing of medical records requests at each clinic location.
- Maintains and safeguard the confidentiality, security, and physical safety of patients’ medical records.
- Ensure an organized medical record format.
- Manage and coordinates the safeguarding and updating of records to ensure smooth flow in the daily disbursement, retrieval, updating, scanning, and indexing of medical records.
- Ensures quality control in records management and processing.
- Process subpoenas and depositions consistent with the applicable legal regulations and State policies.
Front Desk Operations
- Assist with all aspects of the medical clinic front desk using a medical management software system.
- Duties include greeting patients upon arrival, checking appointment status, verifying eligibility and insurance, completing check-in and check-out procedures, verifying that confidential documents are updated in EHR.
- Maintain confidentiality of medical records and of patients' and student' personal health information at all times.
- Answer in person and telephone inquiries.
- Collect and review documents to determine compliance.
- Operate scanning equipment to process immunization documents.
- Assist with scanning and indexing documents for electronic health record.
- Schedule patient appointments, as necessary.
- Maintain patient appointments highly confidential in nature and individual and makes independent decisions regarding type and length of appointment.
- Answer telephone inquiries and serve as a liaison with FAU students and patients and Student Health Services staff.
- Assist with special events and promotional activities.
- Interact with medical providers regarding patients.
- Create task messages for medical staff as needed.
- Must comply with a federal, state, and university regulations and statutes, as well as internal policies and procedures.
- Works to foster and maintain a collaborative, engaging, and positive work environment for all students and staff.
- Participates in assessment, accreditation, quality improvement, and regulatory compliance.
- Participates in activities, both internal and external to SHS, in order to champion the health of the college student population, advance the mission of SHS, and support the missions of the Division of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management and Florida Atlantic University.
- Serves on the SHS Clinical Operations Committee, and on other committees as requested.
- Provides leadership and management of all functions and staff related to patient access and front office operations of SHS.
- Manages appointment scheduling, patient registration, demographics, and insurance collection.
- Provides ongoing leadership and direction for daily administration and management of all scheduling and registration operations.
- Ensure staff are familiar and compliant with front desk policies/procedures.
- Manages, creates, and blocks scheduling templates in the Electronic Health Record (EHR) for holidays, meetings, time off requests, and other events that may impact patient care.
- Coordinates rescheduling of patients when a clinician or nurse is out of the office.
- Perform any other duties as needed for the smooth operation of the office.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to success in this position.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Must also have excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills.Salary:$38,000 - $40,000College or Department:Student Affairs – Student Health ServicesLocation:Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.Application Deadline: 2021-05-19-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.