Faculty Affairs Coordinator
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
- Work closely with faculty members to give advice and guidance on the promotion and tenure process.
- Help faculty submit dossier documentation to the Department Advisory Committee (DAC), headed by the Director of HR & Faculty Affairs and the Vice-Chair for Faculty Affairs in the department.
- Report on faculty deadlines and work with Faculty Affairs in the Dean’s Office to meet School deadlines and Department deadlines.
- Assist with faculty onboarding regarding faculty appointment processes and promotion processes for incoming faculty.
- Collaborate with the APP promotion process.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Faculty Mentorship Program, working closely with mentors and mentees to create pairings and keep documentation on the program.
- Collaborate with DEI recruitment initiatives.
- Help as a back up to the HR Specialists in the areas of position management, staff and faculty hires, HR transactions, staff recruitment and faculty credentialing.
- Salary and Benefits:The salary range for this position has been established at $49,681 - $61,000The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line. Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefitsTotal Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- A bachelor’s degree in public administration, public policy, business, higher education administration, social sciences, behavioral sciences or a directly related field from an accredited institution
- 1 year of professional level experience in HR, Faculty Affairs or Academic Affairs.
- Experience with faculty affairs or faculty promotion and tenure processes
- Experience with HR in an academic environment
- Experience with hiring and recruitment, especially in a university setting
- Experience with provider credentialing processes
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and evaluate a broad range of laws, rules, and regulations in order to exercise good judgment in applying them to human resource challenges.
- Knowledge of the professional standards, concepts, and practices of recruitment and selection, employee relations, or organizational development and human resource policy. Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, including public speaking. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.Thorough knowledge of current management and leadership methods and best practices.
- Ability to help create new programs and initiatives.
- Knowledge of data management software and programs
Job Category: Human Resources
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: May 6, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing