DescriptionSchool of Medicine, Department of SurgeryOED Trainer ( HR Principal Professional)Position #00783683 – Requisition #21180
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty, and staff of diverse backgrounds.Department of Surgery has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) OED Trainer position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Nature of Work
Jobs in this career family provide the management of human capital. Functions include providing advice and guidance to managers and employees, and performing functions including strategic planning and analysis, compliance with policies and laws, employment and compensation, job evaluation, performance and leave management, employee training/development, reward and recognition, employee relations, affirmative action, benefits, employee records/information, and payroll.Principal Professionals are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. Work is performed at an advanced or expert level. Principal Professionals are either work leads over others or are considered a subject matter expert in a particular area.Position Emphasis:
This position will be a subject matter expert in the area of Organization and Employee Development, as well as serve as a trainer for the Department of Surgery in the areas of OED and DEI (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion). This position will work with the OED Manager to implement DEI and OED initiatives for the department, in the areas of training, program development, curriculum creation, Organization Development, coaching, etc. This position will create and develop training content, programs and opportunities for professional development. This position will collaborate with the DEI committee, the Vice-Chair for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and the Manager of OED in all of the different areas of OED and DEI. Examples of work performed:
- Create, develop and implement training programs in collaboration and with direction from the OED Manager.
- Provide training opportunities both in person and through zoom for all faculty, staff and trainees in the department as needed.
- Serve in different committees to help with development, training and curriculum
- Collaborate with outside departments and units to further the initiatives of the department
The salary range for this position has been established at $61,765 - $75,000 The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty, and training.The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- A bachelor’s degree in public administration, Education, higher education administration, social sciences, behavioral sciences or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- 3 years of experience delivering training to a diverse group of employees
- Experience developing trainings and programs for implementation.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.The position requires extensive, diverse and progressively responsible experience, including direct responsibility for Organizational and Employee Development.Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with training and OED in an academic setting
- Direct experience working with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion programs, trainings, development etc.
- University experience in OED or DEI
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and evaluate a broad range of laws, rules, and regulations in order to exercise good judgment in applying them to human resource challenges.
- Knowledge of the professional standards, concepts, and practices of recruitment and selection, employee relations, or organizational development and human resource policy.Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, including public speaking. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.Thorough knowledge of current management and leadership methods and best practices.
Human ResourcesPrimary Location:
May 6, 2021Unposting Date:
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University