IT Principal Prof
DescriptionSchool of Medicine, Center for Health and Artificial IntelligenceIT Principal ProfessionalPosition# 00783379 | Requisition# 21178
University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The Center for Health and Artificial Intelligence has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) IT Principal Professional
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Nature of Work:
The Center for Health AI at the University of Colorado School of Medicine on the Anschutz Medical Campus is looking to hire a backend software engineer to develop, maintain, and deploy scientific software and business intelligence products. The backend engineer joins a growing software development team that supports the operational needs of the center and the research programs of its faculty. This position will provide an opportunity to develop maintainable open-source software products that serve multiple communities of users. Some will be publicly available to meet the needs of the research community (e.g., https://het.io/search/
), while others will be business intelligence tools used by the Center’s operations team. The backend engineer will need to be able to select the most appropriate approach for the challenge at hand.The backend engineer will also need to work closely with frontend engineers to design and implement effective RESTful APIs to meet the needs of frontend web applications and end-users that require programmatic access to backend services and data.The Center for Health AI fosters a thriving community of researchers in the University of Colorado School of Medicine who are inventing and deploying advanced analytics and data or knowledge integration approaches. The goal of building this community is to make the Anschutz Medical Campus a leader in translating data into advances in research practice, health care delivery, and population health and in scaling these to provide nationwide benefit through innovative technologies. This position may be eligible for remote or remote/office flex work.Supervision Received:
Work is performed under the direction of the leader of the engineering team for the Center for Health AI.Supervision Exercised:
As necessary to carry out the duties of the role, the IT Principal Professional
may guide and mentor other employees.Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or the hiring range)
for this position has been established at $67,254 - $102,000.The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Bachelor's degree in a discipline related to software development or 4+ years of related experience
- 2+ years experience with Python and one or more Python web frameworks (FastAPI, Flask, Django)
- 2+ years experience with one or more relational database systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, etc)
- 2+ years of experience working with Unix and/or Linux
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ additional years of related experience. Additional years of education may substitute for required experience and additional related experience may substitute for education.
- Documented open source contributions
- 4+ years of experience with Unix/Linux shell scripting.
- 2+ years experience with cloud-based computing solutions (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, etc)
- 1+ years experience using cloud-based data warehouse technologies (e.g., Google BigQuery)
- 2+ years experience with container technologies and their applications.
- 2+ years of experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution as well as with geographically distributed collaborators.
- Demonstrated commitment to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to interact with people of varying technical levels to gather requirements and understand existing systems relevant to the challenges at hand.
- Ability to interact effectively and respectfully with a team of developers with complementary competencies.
Information TechnologyPrimary Location:
May 6, 2021Unposting Date:
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University