HR Representative, Employee Data Management
Job Title: HR Representative, Employee Data Management
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 48798
Office of Human ResourcesEqual Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be accessed at: https://hr.fsu.edu/sites/g/files/upcbnu2186/files/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf.
This position is responsible for processing employee appointments and personnel actions for FSU employees in the OMNI-HR System. Duties include:
- Reviewing appointments for completeness and accuracy following Federal, State, and University guidelines.
- Troubleshooting and consulting with departments and department representatives on the appointment process and disparities.
- Performing other related duties and responsibilities as required, including related website/form updates, meetings, training, and system testing.
- Bachelor's degree; or a high school diploma/equivalency and four years of experience.
- (Note: or a combination of post high school education and experience equal to four years; Higher education can substitute for experience at the equivalent rate.)
- Skilled in computer operations to include Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent problem solving and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience organizing and coordinating work processes to meet deadlines.
- Experience performing accurately in a detail oriented and time sensitive environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Applicable knowledge of and the ability to interpret and apply related federal, state, and local laws, ordinances, rules and regulations.
One of the nation's elite research universities, Florida State University preserves, expands, and disseminates knowledge in the sciences, technology, arts, humanities, and professions, while embracing a philosophy of learning strongly rooted in the traditions of the liberal arts and critical thinking. Founded in 1851, Florida State University is the oldest continuous site of higher education in Florida. FSU is a community steeped in tradition that fosters research, encourages creativity, and embraces diversity. At FSU, there’s the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow’s news!
Learn more about our university and campuses.
This is an USPS (University Support Personnel System) position.FSU Total Rewards
FSU offers a robust Total Rewards package. Visit our website to learn more about our Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Recognition, and Employee Development programs.
Use our interactive tool to calculate Total Compensation options based on potential salary, benefits and retirement contributions, earned leave, and other employment-related perks.
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Certain service members and veterans, and the spouses and family members of the service members and veterans, will receive preference and priority in employment and are encouraged to apply for the positions being filled. For information on who may be eligible for Veterans' Preference, click here or call FSU Human Resources at (850) 644-6034.
IMPORTANT: In order to claim Veterans' Preference, applicants must upload a DD-214 (and other documentation, as applicable) with their online application prior to the closing date of the job opening.Tobacco Free Campus
Effective January 1, 2014, tobacco use, including simulated tobacco use, is prohibited on property, interior and exterior, owned or managed by Florida State University. This policy applies to all Florida State University students, employees, consultants, contractors, visitors, and external individuals.