Senior Network Engineer
Senior Network Engineer
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Under the direction of the Manager of Network Operations provide support to the satisfactory operation of the WPI network and facilitate its use by members of the WPI community.
WPI is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are looking for candidates who can support our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Maintain and support the data network system including switches, routers, wireless access points and battery backup systems
- Maintain data wiring and fiber infrastructure.
- Evaluate and test emergent technologies and code maintenance releases.
- Coordinate with Service Desk and other departments in the troubleshooting and resolution of data network error, including maintenance and development of inter-departmental support tools.
- Document the data network including topology, connections, and appropriate billing information.
- Support physical plant renovations as they relate to the voice and data infrastructure.
- Coordinate with SysOps in administration and backup of all Network Operations servers and critical applications.
- Program and maintain network databases, documentation, and inventory applications.
- Maintain and develop network, server, and infrastructure monitoring platforms.
- Maintain and develop integrations between critical networking and related systems.
- Provide 24/7 connectivity for users of the data network including adds/moves/changes and wireless connectivity.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field in order to provide the necessary understanding of communication technology and software development with 4-5 years professional experience in similar or related work.
- Experience with network hardware, cabling, and network management software including experience in network troubleshooting.
- Experience with Ethernet, wireless Ethernet, and TCP/IP networking.
- Experience with Juniper Networks and Aruba Networks equipment preferable.
- Experience with computer programming and scripting languages. Preferred technologies include PHP, Python, PowerShell, SQL, JSON, and REST based API.
- Experience with Linux systems administration.
- Ability to communicate clearly with all network users.
- Applicants must have demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace and/or commitment to do so as an employee at WPI.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Senior-Network-Engineer_R0001279
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency