Manager, Payroll Accounting and Reporting
Manager, Payroll Accounting and Reporting
Job ID: 226667
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 35,000 students. With 13 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the third-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Assists in the planning and development of department goals, strategies, and processes. Manages expired and reissued payroll checks and the unclaimed property process ensuring data is received, monitored and reported timely and accurately. Interprets, monitors, analyzes and reports payroll processing information, and payroll accounting, providing assistance as needed, with processing payroll runs. Ensures prompt and accurate reporting and payment of federal, state and local payroll taxes, including issuance of Form W-2 s, 941 s, 940 s and other filing requirements. Responsible for general ledger payroll processing functions, including but not limited to balancing accounts and preparing monthly and quarterly reconciliations to the general ledger.
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures
- Complies with federal, state and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions
- Ensures compliance with internal controls, processes and initiatives
- Manages immigration payroll issues such as (but not limited to): I20s, F1 and J1 visas, and conversions from F1/J1 to H1 Visas
- Researches and reconciles payroll exceptions
- Monitors outstanding tax items, including amendments, penalties and maintenance of new jurisdictions
- Communicates with Finance and HR department contacts to review and monitor cross-departmental impacts of processes
- Works with Benefits Team on Deferred Compensation program
- Performs ad-hoc reporting for requests from Tax, Workers Comp and Grants teams
- Serves as Payroll liaison for collection and auditing of contributions
- Manages communications with employees in cases of overpayments
- Assists in defining standards and reusable approaches within the Payroll operational framework
- Serves as back-up in the absence of team members and/or high-volume work efforts
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Accounting, Business or related field
Three (3) years of related experience and three (3) years supervisory experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Advanced Excel Knowledge
Experience in higher education
Experience with PeopleSoft HCM, Financials and Tableau
Experience with Payroll Accounting
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to perform tasks typically performed by the Payroll Managers, Payroll Accountants and Tax Professionals. Able to manage multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, technology, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite) Knowledge and understanding of accounting processes (Payroll, Accounts Payable, etc.) Strong attention to detail and follow up skills Strong customer service skills and phone etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education + Credit
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=226667&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency