Job ID: 226669
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 35,000 students. With 13 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the third-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Responsible for managing sourcing projects and performs complex and difficult purchasing functions. Interprets Board of Regents and State of Georgia purchasing policies and procedures to staff, departments and vendors. Responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the procurement process within the strategic sourcing unit.
- Determines the appropriate method of procurement for unique and complex purchase requisitions
- Investigates and develops sources of supply, final preparation of solicitation specifications and scope of work requirements in collaboration with end-users, issues RFQs, RFPs and RFIs
- Develops pricing structure and manages evaluation committees
- Reviews, scrutinizes, summarizes and evaluates quotations and proposals
- Authorizes and issues contract awards
- Monitors customer satisfaction regarding goods and services received for the purpose of resolving any outstanding issues and improving the quality of services and products purchased
- Interacts with vendors and suppliers to actively expedite open purchase orders to provide timely delivery of products and/or services
- Responsible for the overall supplier relationship, assisting with negotiations and assuring assigned contract awards are meeting the agreed upon business objectives
- Manages the Contract Assessment Report (CAR) process with end-users and suppliers to ensure that supply market trends, supplier performance and KSU business needs are aligned
- Assists in resolving any billing discrepancies associated with open purchase orders to ensure prompt purchase order close out
- Coordinates the resolution of purchase order payment issues with Accounts Payable, as needed
Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management, Economics, Finance or Accounting plus four total years of progressive work experience in a related area.
Other Required Qualifications
Able to obtain Georgia Certified Purchasing Associate (GCPA) within six (6) months of employment and a Georgia Certified Purchasing Manager within an additional three (3) months
Three (3) years of work experience in acquisition, contracting or related area
Additional Preferred Qualifications
One or more of the following certifications: Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM); Certified Professional Procurement Officer (CPPO); Georgia Certified Purchasing Associate (GCPA) and/or Manager (GCPM)
Working Knowledge of PeopleSoft (Oracle); Financials 9.2 is a plus
Previous experience in supply chain, materials management and/or purchasing preferred. Prior experience in a university
Background in State and/or University procurement
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to conduct market research; Able to conduct contracting for complex services, facilitating evaluation teams and drafting technical evaluation memoranda; Able to manage time pressure, work against deadlines and deliver strong results on schedule for multiple projects; Able to provide advice and guidance, share knowledge and provide counsel and feedback to contribute to building a positive team spirit; Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Knowledge of various types of contracts, techniques for contracting or procurement, and contract negotiation and administration; Knowledge of acquisition-planning processes from pre- to post-award acquisition strategy across a portfolio of initiatives; Knowledge of a wide range of contracting methods; Knowledge of all requirements of state law, executive orders, regulations, and all other applicable procedures, including clearances and approvals
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills; Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite); Strong attention to detail and follow up skills; Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education + Credit
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=226669&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency