Accounting Assistant - Student Accounts
Accounting Assistant - Student Accounts
Job ID: 226817
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 35,000 students. With 13 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the third-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Assists accountants with maintaining accounting records, processing transactions and reconciling accounts for the assigned department, location, unit and/or college.
- Performs general accounting duties for the assigned area
- Prepares invoice packets and reviews expense reports and invoices, checking for compliance
- Reconciles accounts to general ledger
- Prepares assigned grants and/or contracts
- Manages assigned vendor accounts per established guidelines
- Provides administrative support to the department by monitoring department inbox and phones, data entry, journal entry, filing and scans documents
- Provides reports and queries as requested or assigned
- Communicates with vendors, faculty and staff regarding reimbursement request discrepancies
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Respond to customer service inquiries by phone and email
2. Process deposits of university funds daily including department, third party ERP and individuals
3. Review daily receipts for accuracy, resolving receipt errors if needed
4. Monitor department receipts to ensure compliance
5. Research and process interdepartmental payments posted by journal entry
6. Operate and balance a cash drawer
7. Perform daily close out functions such as balancing cash and preparing deposits
8. Routinely inspect receipt books issued to departments
9. Resolves serious customer service inquiries from departments
10. Research bank adjustments and errors
11. Performs surprise cash audits on petty cash custodians
12. Reconcile the department clearing account and prepare ledger reconciliations
13. Manage on and off-site storage of cashier's receipt and paperwork
14. Image daily receipts and ensure completeness and legibility
15. Perform other office projects and related duties as required
16. Provides refund generation support including data entry
17. Handles void/stop pay and reissues checks as needed
18. Set up third party contracts and student scholarships
19. Posts mailed and drop box student payments and distributes incoming office mail
High school diploma or equivalent
Two (2) years related work experience
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related field
PeopleSoft software experience
Previous accounting or financial services experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Understands accounting processes and basic bookkeeping procedures (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable)
Advanced data entry and 10 key skills; Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills; Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite with an emphasis on Excel, Abila, QuickBooks); Strong attention to detail and follow up skills; Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Credit
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=226817&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency