Business Operations Specialist
Job Title: Business Operations Specialist
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 226567
Associate's degree from an accredited college or university and two years of relevant experience
High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent from a recognized State or Federal accrediting organization is required and a minimum of three years administrative and fiscal management experience
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, multi-tasking, organizational and verbal/written communication skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines despite often interruptions, maintain confidentiality, keep accurate records and make independent decisions
- Knowledge and direct experience in financial and budgetary practices, fiscal data administration as well as compliance and records management.
- Overall responsibility for the departmental business operations including: forecasting and monitoring of budgets, revenues and expenses; submit and approve purchasing requests.
- Directs all aspects of billing (including charges, holds, refunds, waivers, and fees) for residential students and visitors; assumes customer service responsibility for any financial inquiry.
- Coordinates managerial functions including reporting on all aspects of housing including occupancy reports, financial reports, and semester revenue reports.
- Assists with professional and student employment matters including, but not limited to employment processing, payroll, scheduling and reporting; supervises assisgned staff.
- Provides support for all departmental operations, programs and services, including: move-in/out, orientation/recruiting; on-call emergency/incident response.
- Maintains and develops administrative policies and procedures, including annual review of housing agreements, departmental sales and service contracts and operational guidelines.
- Develops and manages short and long-range departmental goals and projects.
- Additional duties as assigned (including committee effort) in support of the University and the Division of Enrollment and Student Affairs.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
This position will require the acquisition of a P-Card and/or handle cash, credit or other sensitive information and will require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check as a condition of employment.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.