Compliance and Education Coordinator, IRC
Compliance and Education Coordinator, IRCUniversity Human Research Protection Office
Location: New Orleans, LASummary
The IRB Compliance and Education Coordinator will coordinate and manage all aspects of the department's education and outreach initiatives to the university's research faculty, staff, and students, including special initiatives; be responsible for the review and drafting of all IRB Authorization Agreements between Tulane and collaborative institutions, to fulfill the federal and NIH mandates for single IRB review (sIRB); and provide consultation and guidance to researchers and IRB board members on regulatory and procedural compliance matters.The position provides consultation to researchers and board members on regulatory and procedural compliance. The position develops and delivers compliance training programs. Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and three (3) years' human subjects clinical research experience, including legal and/or regulatory research experience; OR High School Diploma/Equivalent nine (9) years'Â human subjects clinical research experience, including legal and/or regulatory research experience.
- Within two (2) years of hire date, must attain at least one of the following certifications: IRB Professional Certification (CIP) or Healthcare Research Compliance Certification (CHRC).
- Juris Doctorate or other advanced degree, or a combination of bachelor's degree with three to five years of experience working in human subjects research either in the capacity as a researcher or research management.
- Three to five years of experience working under or with regulatory statues, guidance, policies, and standard operating procedures pertaining to research.
- Knowledge of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act ("HIPAA")
- Experience with writing policies and standard operating procedures.
- Public speaking experience.
- Certified Institutional Review Board (ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂIRBÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ) Professional (ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂCIPÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ) or other certification related to research administration or oversight.