Museum of the Big Bend Gift Shop Student Employee
Instructions to applicants:
Student must be work study eligible.Job Title:
Museum of the Big Bend Gift Shop Student EmployeeLocation:
Sul Ross State University MuseumPosting Date:
$7.25/Hour-Up to 20 hours per weekRequired:
Position will require employee to work in the Museum Gift Shop on Saturdays and Sundays and half days during the week for the Summer 2021 Session.Staffing Reason:
Work StudyPrimary Responsibilities:
- Interact with the public to give information about what the Museum has to offer.
- Be a source of information about SRSU and the Big Bend area.
- Be responsible for sales of merchandise in the Gift Shop and obtain admissions.
- Dress to meet the public.
- Be an ambassador for the Museum and SRSU.
- Provide occasional office support.
- Work occasional evening events.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Sul Ross State University to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons in accordance with their individual, job related qualifications and without consideration of race, creed, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status and ancestry. Equal employment opportunities shall be afforded in all personnel actions or decisions including, but not necessarily limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, upgrading, promotion, demotion, termination and salary. Retaliation is prohibited against a person who opposes a discriminatory practice, files a charge, testifies, assists or participates in an investigative proceeding or hearing.