Part-time Faculty Chemistry
Job Title: Part-time Faculty Chemistry
Location: UNG - Gainesville
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 226736
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Summary
The Department of Chemistry at the University of North Georgia is accepting applications for a part-time faculty member to teach Survey or Principles of Chemistry lectures and/or labs on the Gainesville campus.Responsibilities
- The part time faculty member will be responsible for teaching Survey of Chemistry (CHEM 1151/1151L and CHEM 1152/1152L) and/or Principles of Chemistry lecture and labs (CHEM 1211/1211L and 1212/1212L).
- Masters degree in chemistry or a related field with at least 18 hours of graduate level chemistry courses at the time of appointment is required.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching is essential.
- A Ph.D. or other related terminal degree is preferred.
- College teaching experience is preferred.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter, Unofficial Transcripts
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.