Buildings and Grounds Seasonal Help
This position will assist regular NTC staff with grounds keeping and building maintenance. It is a temporary, seasonal (summer) position working 40 hours per week. The Limited Term Employment (LTE) position will last no more than 12 weeks. Typical schedule will be Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:00 am to 3:15 pm, with a 30 minutes unpaid lunch.Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform all duties and tasks associated with assisting Grounds keeping and Maintenance.
- Assist students, staff and the public with appropriate needs.
- Move and set up furniture and equipment for offices, classrooms, and special events.
- Cutting grass using push mowers, riding mowers and weed trimmers.
- Watering flowers and plants using hoses, water tanks, etc...
- Painting sign poles, exterior doors and frames.
- Operate equipment such as power washers, wheel barrows, push brooms, shovels, rakes, hand saws, hammers, painting equipment, furniture dollies and small hand tools.
- Wash walls, windows, ceiling, light fixtures and ventilation grills.
- Perform collection and proper disposal of trash, hazardous materials and recyclables.
- Regularly service and clean tools and machines used in care of grounds and buildings.
- Comply with any assignment if it is in the nature of an emergency as expressed by a supervisor or member of management.
- Maintain records and operation logs for chemical treatment and machinery.
- This listing is not inclusive of all duties and responsibilities, which may be assigned but are only listed as typical. Any other duties and responsibilities assigned will be of similar nature requiring the same relative skills and capabilities.
Must be 18 years old and able to operate power equipment, push lawn mowers, weed trimmers, handsaws and furniture dollies. Have the ability to read work instructions and schedules, warning signs and product labels and instructions for equipment operation. Must be able to perform the following functions; wear safety garments, masks, gloves and goggles; operate commercial mowing equipment, climb ladders no higher than six feet, scaffolds no higher than four feet, steep stairs; stand, walk, bend, stoop and crouch for long uninterrupted periods of time; lift objects up to 50 pounds on a regular and recurring basis. Work outdoors in all weather. Must have the ability to effectively work and communicate with district faculty, students and management, as well as the many publics that use the district's facilities. Must be 17 years of age with a valid Wisconsin Driver's License and the ability to pass the college's insurance carrier requirements and to operate college vehicles in compliance with Wisconsin Child Labor Laws.Physical Demands
6 to 8 hours: Grasping, pulling, reaching, standing, walking and working indoors
4 to 5 hours: Bending, performing repetitive movements, pushing and twisting
1 to 3 hours: Balancing, climbing, driving, kneeling, sitting, working at heights, working in temperature extremes and working outdoors
Less than 1 hour: Crawling
Lifting and Carrying:
Less than 10 pounds: 15 or more repetitions per hour
10 to 20 pounds: 1-10 repetition(s) per hour
20- 50 pounds: 1-10 repetition(s) per hour
More than 50 pounds with help: 1-10 repetition(s) per hour
Additional Physical Requirements:
Vision: Adequate with aid to read instructions, labels, documents, computer screens, and differentiate between colors.
Hearing: Adequate with aid to understand oral requests, telephone conversation, and PA systems.
Required Employee Program Safety Training: Bloodborne pathogen, emergency action plan, emergency eye wash, emergency procedures, fall protection, personal protective equipment, respiratory protection, slips, trips and falls and vehicle safety