Senior Advisor to the President
Job location: Winston Salem, NC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-05-12
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
- Manages strategic planning, project management and relationship needs for the President.
- Works closely with the President, Chief of Staff and Cabinet Leaders to develop and establish long-term priorities and initiatives.
- Knowledge of institutional policies and procedures, regulations and bylaws, and the environment within which they operate.
- Develops, implements, and coordinates a systematic approach to managing projects while establishing realistic timetables to keep projects on schedule.
- Create and implement project plans for initiatives for the President.
- Oversight of processes for ensuring focus on the long term strategic directions for the University, constantly evaluating progress every 3-6 months.
- Organize and track progress toward goals of the President and key milestones in long term planning.
- Works with campus leaders to ensure that projects and initiatives are faithfully executed.
- Works with Chief of Staff and Cabinet leaders to maintain the President’s and university’s strategic partnerships with key stakeholders and campus leadership.
- Oversees special project/strategic staff as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree plus 10 or more years of progressively responsible development experience, with at least 3 years’ experience in higher education preferably at an institution with a substantial donor or alumni base.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with academic leadership, faculty, alumni, prospects, donors, and volunteers in a wide variety of roles.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional and personal credibility with a variety of constituents.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, to demonstrate an understanding of ethics related to development activities, and to use discretion in interactions with donors, prospects, volunteers, and others.
- Skill in financial planning and fiscal management.
- Community relations skills and the ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community.
- Demonstrated ability to translate highly technical or discipline-specific concepts and information into language appropriate for general audiences.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills and the ability to present effectively to small and large groups.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Terminal degree preferred.
- Previous experience in a higher education or not-for-profit environment.
- Previous experience providing executive support in a fundraising environment.
Responsible for own work.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.Additional Job Description