Job location: Winston Salem, NC Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
** Cover letter required for all positions and optional for facilities, campus services, and hospitality positions unless otherwise specified.Job Description Summary
The Center for Research on Abroad and International Student Engagement (RAISE Center) at Wake Forest University (WFU) welcomes applications for Research Coordinator. Reporting to the Director, the Research Coordinator will provide project management for multiple research projects, including
Project RISE and Mapping the Knowledge Base in Study Abroad, including management of data collection and data preparation for analysis. This position includes professional development opportunities including enhancing data analysis and contributing to research dissemination.
WFU is committed to enhancing the experiences, development, and engagement of students, faculty, and staff in global educational contexts, especially international students and those studying abroad. The
RAISE Center is focused on answering key questions about abroad growth and engagement as well as the role of global awareness and competency in engagement. The work of the RAISE Center is interdisciplinary, drawing on a range of theories and frameworks. We have a clear commitment to
diversity, equity, and inclusion and are in the process of reconceptualizing intercultural competence (i.e., the ability to interact respectfully and effectively with people from different backgrounds and cultures) from an intersectional lens.
With this hire, we aim to enhance the scope of our research projects and capacity to translate research into practice, both for WFU and for the larger global education community. Candidates with experience managing and cleaning data from Qualtrics in Microsoft Excel and have interest in global education are particularly welcome. Review of applications will begin May 17. Start date and initial working arrangements are negotiable.Job Description
Essential Functions (90% of time):
- Manage project timelines as set by Director and Associate Director for Project RISE, Mapping the
Knowledge Base in Study Abroad, Global Engagement and Outcomes (Project GEO), and additional
● Oversee project institutional and participant recruitment
● Manage data collection and preparation for analysis for all research projects
● Create research reports and generate visualizations for institutional collaborative partners
● Support analysis and dissemination of findings
● Support project updates and changes with the Institutional Review Board
● Train and manage student research assistants and volunteers for support in data preparation and
Additional Functions (10% of time supporting one or more as needed):
- Support RAISE Center in providing Global Affairs, Center for Global Programs and Studies, and WFU with research and assessment advice and assistance
- Support Associate Director with marketing and assessment of Global Accelerator Program
- Support Director with RAISE Center communications
o Website updates o Newsletter content and layout
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Master’s degree with relevant experience in assessment or research
- Experience managing quantitative data in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with quantitative or qualitative research methodology
- Ability to manage multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Ability to set priorities and work independently
- Strong orientation to ensuring details are accurate
- Experience collaborating with people from different backgrounds and cultures
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Experience conducting research projects in educational settings
- Experience managing longitudinal datasets
- Experience with data visualization software (e.g., R, Power BI)
- Experience with SPSS, MPlus, or other statistical software
Additional Job DescriptionTime Type Requirement
- Responsible for own work.
Full timeNote to Applicant:
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.