Job location: JD Alexander Florida Polytechnic Main Campus Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
Located along Florida’s I-4 High Tech Corridor, Florida Poly opened its doors in August 2014 as the state’s 12th university and the only one dedicated to core subjects in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM education). The non-traditional academic environment focuses on applied learning, specifically in technology and engineering. Small class sizes give faculty the opportunity to work closely with high-caliber students, and the most advanced technology, including a Supercomputer, 3D printing lab, media lab and nanotechnology lab, sets Florida Poly apart from other state universities. Florida Poly’s innovative approach to higher education allows students to learn strong fundamentals within a traditional university department structure, while giving them opportunities to apply their learning through research and projects in emerging high-tech concentrations like Cyber Security, Big Data Analytics, Machine Intelligence and more. The University partners closely with industry leading firms, and faculty members are rewarded for more than just publishing. Industry involvement, problem solving, and the commercialization of technology and research through start-ups and small businesses are encouraged. Job Title Salesforce Systems Administrator Job Description Summary Florida’s only public university exclusively teaching science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) is looking for exceptional candidates to serve as a Salesforce Systems Administrator.
Florida Polytechnic University seeks an innovative and experienced Salesforce System Administrator to join our dynamic team in the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid. Salesforce EDA is the University’s primary platform for admissions and financial aid strategy, initiatives and operations, and is the strategic tool for identifying and attracting students to the University. The Administrator has primary responsibility for configuration, operation and maintenance of the Salesforce system, and plays a key role in implementing integrations between Salesforce and other University systems. The Administrator also provides advanced strategic support to various functional areas to meet and exceed departmental goals and keep things running smoothly in enrollment management. The successful candidate will be a skilled technical professional and tactician who thrives in a high-energy outcomes-focused environment of collaboration and teamwork. Job Description
Salesforce System Administration:
- Configure and implement business solutions in Salesforce.
- Ensure seamless updates to the system as they become available.
- Maintain, update, and test Salesforce integrations with other systems. Help resolve and troubleshoot integration/data issues as needed.
- Manage User Profiles and Permission Sets for staff who require varying levels of access.
Salesforce Data and Security Administration:
- Maintain the integrity of the data stored in the system to ensure accuracy.
- Complete routine security and data audits.
- Work closely with university vendors to ensure secure transmission of data.
Reporting, Communications and Other:
- Complete data analysis and summarize conclusions and recommendations into published reports
- Serve as an integral part of University communications as they relate to loading and sending email campaigns, SMS messaging, etc, and monitoring their success.
- Serve as main point of contact for related inquiries.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience working as a Salesforce CRM Administrator as described in the minimum qualifications.
- Must be a detailed oriented, self-starter with excellent technical development skills.
- Strong verbal and written communications, with the ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels in the organization.
- Excellent presentation, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of methods of compiling, organizing and analyzing data.
- Skill in word processing, spreadsheet and database software tools.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Create, manage, and maintain Salesforce reports and dashboards.
- Strong knowledge of Data Loader, Salesforce AppExchange, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, sandboxes and change set.
- Ability to create and maintain workflows, flows, and Process Builder automations
- Experience with advanced reporting, formula fields, and validation rules
- Experience developing Salesforce training materials and work instructions
- Knowledge on how to create custom objects, page layouts, and custom fields
- Comfortable working in Excel and general data manipulation
- Strong knowledge of Role Hierarchy, profiles, permission sets, sharing rules, etc.
- Bachelor's degree and one year of appropriate experience, or a high school diploma and 2+ years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college work or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
- Bachelor's degree and two years of appropriate experience.
- Pardot experience is a plus
- Education Data Architecture (EDA) experience is a plus
- Power Of Us Easy Open-Source Application experience is a plus
- HTML coding knowledge is a plus
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF LAW:
- Salesforce Administrator Certification.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- This position requires a criminal background check, which may include a Level II screening as required by Florida Statute §435.04.
- This position is subject to federal and state privacy regulations.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: The normal work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., however, occasional overtime (weekends and evenings) may be required.
TARGET HIRING SALARY: Commensurate with experience.
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: The position is open until filled.
APPLICATION PROCESS: In addition to completing the online application, all Applicants are required to upload the following as an attachment to the application (preferably in PDF format):
- Cover Letter
- List of at least three (3) professional references (names and contact information)
- Certification as Salesforce Administrator
Florida Polytechnic University is an equal opportunity/equal access institution. It is the policy of the Board of Trustees to provide equal opportunity for employment and educational opportunities to all (including applicants for employment, employees, applicants for admission, students, and others affiliated with the University) without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnicity, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or genetic information.
Special Instructions Regarding Attachments:
Required attachments are listed on each posting. Please be sure to attach all required documents in the Resume/CV field before continuing through the application. Once your application has been submitted, no changes may be made and additional attachments will not be considered.
An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process. For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline.
All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date of the job announcements. This position requires a background check, which may include a level II screening as required by the Florida Statute §435.04.