Clinical Placement Coordinator - College of Nursing (Tucson, AZ)(Part Time)
College of NursingDepartment Website Link:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
1305 N Martin Ave , Tucson, AZ 85721 USAPosition Highlights:
The Clinical Placement Coordinator is responsible for establishing, cultivating, and continuously building relationships with qualified clinical affiliates to ensure adequate capacity for quality clinical education. The Coordinator requests and secures clinical site placements in collaboration with course chairs and Program Directors for BSN, MEPN and RN-MS Programs. Assisting with preferred partnerships is also key to advance the clinical education and research functions of the CON. In addition, this role is responsible for evaluating site preceptors to ensure they meet the program criteria, establishing legal agreements with clinical sites and tracking student clinical hours.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist BSN, MEPN and RN-MS program leadership in planning, organizing, maintaining and facilitating educational experiences in clinical facilities.
- Identifythe number of pre-licensure and RN-MS clinical placements needed each semesterfor each program and clinical area in accordance with the curriculum andexpected enrollment.
- Enter and revise placement requests in program online calendar(s) for efficient communications.
- Develop and implement policies and plans related to clinical placements and timelines for directors and course chairs.
- Secure clinical affiliation agreements while collaborating with clinical facilities, faculty and legal department(s).
- Stay appraised of health system changes in Pima County so that contracts can be updated as facility names change and/or as mergers occur.
Managestudent clinical hours in database.
- Workswith faculty to incorporate preceptor recruitment, acknowledgment, andappreciation.
- Provide clinical facility information updates to students, faculty, and CON Database Management and Reporting Specialist.
- Identify and relay any concerns related to clinical experiences to CON leadership to facilitate prompt resolution.
- Directprocess for submitting required reports to all affiliating clinical agencies. Conductsite visits to recruitnew placement sites in collaboration with Tucson MEPN and BSN ProgramDirectors.
- Conduct sitevisits to recruit new placement sites in collaboration with Tucson ProgramDirectors.
- Assist withdeveloping innovative partnerships with area health systems to meet sharedgoals.
- Builds andmaintain relationships with sites and preceptors to facilitate clearcommunication of the student requirements.
- Attendmeetings and affiliate events to represent the CON and liaison betweenconsortium, clinical agencies and College of Nursing faculty andadministration.
- Participatein networking activities to build relations with healthcare facilities andrelated professional associations such as orientation activities, communityprofessional meetings, and/or recruitment/job fairs.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is required.
* Current unencumbered Arizona RN License. Familiarity with Tucson healthcare systems.* Familiarity with My Clinical Exchange.* Previous experience in similar role. * Strong organizational and time-management skills. * Flexible and adaptable, perform multiple activities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with changing priorities. * Ability to work well under pressure, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and meet deadlines. * Adept at managing details, prioritizing, tracking multiple projects and meticulous follow up on pending responses and deadlines. * Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, in person and on the phone. * Collaborate as an effective and integral team member. * Ability to problem-solve and make independent judgments as needed based upon thorough knowledge of assigned entry-level programs.* Ability to remain professional, positive, and helpful at all times. * Ability to work well with diverse populations including people of all ages from academically, culturally, and economically diverse backgrounds. * Skillful in completing repetitive motion and sitting at computer keyboard. *Computer proficiency in internet application and Office Suite Productivity products (such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).FLSA:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Part TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Academic AdministrationBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$47,048 - $78,413Compensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
8Career Stream and Level:
Academic Program MgmtJob Function:
Academic AdministrationType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Dr. Miller | [email protected]Open Date:
5/4/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Curriculum Vitae (CV), Cover Letter, and One Additional DocumentSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Additional Documents: *Curriculum Vitae (CV)*Cover Letter*Reference LetterPlease submit all paperwork together.Diversity Statement:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.