Program Coordinator, Room and Course Scheduling
Office of the RegistrarDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
As a member of the Office of the Registrar, Room & Course Scheduling team, the Program Coordinator will provide excellent service and issue resolution for academic departments, faculty, staff, and students. The Program Coordinator will be an expert in and provide support for planning and oversight of class and event scheduling. The Program Coordinator will supervise the Room and Course Scheduling student-worker staff ensuring high quality standards.
Room & Course Scheduling is primarily responsible for the creation of the Schedule of Classes. In addition, Room & Course Scheduling is responsible for scheduling the use of centrally controlled classroom space for courses and ad hoc events. Room & Course Scheduling provides services for all faculty, staff and students on the University of Arizona campus, while also assisting off-campus clientele.
The Office of the Registrar is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the academic record. Serving all students, faculty, academic units, and student support functions; the Office is charged with the implementation of academic and student policies and their alignment to state and federal regulations and accreditation standards. The Office strives to be a leader and thought partner in creating efficient processes that are designed in a way that supports student success and service excellence.
Outstanding UA benefitsinclude health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance anddisability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAUtuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state andoptional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; andmore!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐lifeprograms. For more information about working at the University of Arizona andrelocations services, please visit http://www.whyua.arizona.edu/.
- Work closely with the Assistant Registrar to plan and manage Schedule of Classes and Event activities in different software systems (Ad Astra and PeopleSoft/UAccess).
- Manage the units phone lines, email, and front desk for the office during business hours.
- Supervise a team of 10—20 student workers
- Responsible for hiring, terminating, training and developing, scheduling, reviewing performance and administering corrective action for student-worker staff.
- Provide assistance to academic and nonacademic departments in the scheduling of events and rooms.
- Lead the training of academic departments in the creation of the Schedule of Classes.
- Assist recognized student organizations with scheduling rooms.
- Process special event requests using Ad Astra.
- Create reports comparing information in UAccess Student and Ad Astra.
- Maintain Term File for courses.
- Create and update technical and non-technical documentation for internal and external purposes.
- Provide assistance in resolving Schedule of Classes issues.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proficient grammar and writing abilities
- Ability to work well in teams and groups
- Ability to be adaptable
- Basic working knowledge in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required. Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required.Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions and/or Ad Astra.
- Experience and understanding of class scheduling practices.
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Student ServicesBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
6Career Stream and Level:
Registration & RecordsJob Function:
Student ServicesType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
5/31/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
5/5/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.