Program Coordinator, Senior
Law AdministrationDepartment Website Link:Location:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law invites applicants for the position of Senior Program Coordinator, Admissions. This position will be responsible for the oversight of all internal operations including the imaging and indexing of admissions applications and documents annually with a role in assisting in financial aid. The successful candidate will assist students in successfully integrating into the institution's environment and help them to thrive personally and academically. This position performs numerous activities related to the recruitment, evaluation, and yield of students seeking entrance to the institution. They will initiate, implement, and monitor strategies and procedures that ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of recruitment, evaluation, and yield at the College.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Management of internal operations.
- Serve as the first face of law school admissions, greeting and assisting all who visit or call the admissions office. Via telephone, in-person, and through email, answer questions about the admissions process and the law school.
- Coordinates the implementation of campus and virtual visitation programs and outreach events for prospective and admitted students including email marketing campaigns.
- Responsible for the coordination of marketing campaigns to prospective students.
- Coordinates outreach activities, including virtual webinars as well as external recruiting events, and responds to requests for information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinates the evaluation of applicant credentials, e.g. by ensuring authenticity of documents, calculation of grade point average (GPA).
- Maintains and tracks all records associated with applicant files in necessary admissions related systems, including ACES2, Slate, UAccess (PeopleSoft).
- Manages, administers, develops, and enforces established university and college policies and procedures, outlines new processes, and monitors data collection and records management.
- Assists the Assistant Director of Financial Aid during times of high volume or when the director is out of the office for extended periods.
- Must be accurate, pay attention to details, meet deadlines, complete projects as assigned and have the ability to follow through.
- Must have the ability and flexibility to work some evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to prioritize projects and tasks effectively.
- Must be able to work well independently as well as in a team environment.
- Able to work with other department staff and supervisors.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office software specifically Word and Excel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.A./B.S. degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Student ServicesBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
7Career Stream and Level:
Recruitment & AdmissionsJob Function:
Student ServicesType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Assistant Dean, Admissions and Financial Aid
Email: [email protected]
5/3/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.