Vocational Specialist - Family and Community Medicine (Part Time)(Multiple Positions)
Family and Community MedicineDepartment Website Link:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
1521 E. Helen St. , Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The Vocational Specialist is responsible for implementing pre-employment transition services in local schools, as well as collaborating with the local school and adult service agency personnel. The Vocational Specialist also communicates and shares information, while engaging families and students with disabilities. This person will work with educators to develop and provide direct vocational services and individualized supports for students with disabilities. The Vocational Specialist will provide training on job sites, collect data, share resources, and maintain follow-up communication with local sites.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with school, vocational rehabilitation, and adult provider personnel to develop and implement pre-employment transition services in local schools. Provide technical assistance to school personnel.
- Provide direct services and individualized instruction and support for youth ages 14 to 22 primarily in community settings and local businesses.
- Communicate, share information, and engage families and students with disabilities.
- Collect data and success stories, contribute to informational materials and resource development, and monitor and provide follow-up services at participating sites.
- Participate in project, team, and departmental meetings and keep the project coordinator and project staff informed of local activities.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Part TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
18 - 19.6Job FTE:
.45 - .49Work Calendar:
Outreach and Community EngagementBenefits Eligible:
No BenefitsRate of Pay:
$14.38 - $19.96Compensation Type:
4Career Stream and Level:
Cmty OutreachJob Function:
Outreach & Community EngageType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
2Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Wendy Parent-Johnson | [email protected]Open Date:
5/5/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.