F/T faculty: Pediatric & Medical Surgical Nursing-Nurse Education (fall semester)
Department:: Nurse Education Department
Locations:: Boston, MA
Posted:: May 3, 2021
Closes:: Jul 1, 2021 - 11:59 PM EDT
Ref. No.:: FAC
Position ID:: 130609
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at several satellites and instructional sites throughout the Greater Boston area. The largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC serves some 18,000 students annually, focusing on holistic student services to ensure student retention and persistence. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is an Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Bunker Hill is also a Hispanic Service Institution, defined as an institution that has an enrollment of undergrad full-time equivalent students that is at least 25 percent Hispanic students. Approximately 1000 international students attend from 100 countries, speaking more than 75 languages.
Full-time Tenure Track Faculty Requirements: BHCC seeks full-time faculty who demonstrate a passion for teaching and a desire to join faculty and staff to expand and create new strategies for student success. Faculty must be experienced in teaching in learning communities or willing to become proficient in learning community pedagogy and practice once hired, as well as adept in the assessment of learning outcomes and the use of technology in the classroom. Candidates should be passionate educators who can facilitate the needs of diverse 21st century learners. Additionally, BHCC seeks faculty who value advising students and wish to contribute fully to the life of the College. Faculty may be assigned courses at one or more of the College's locations.
Letters of application should address the above requirements as well as qualifications for this position.
Primarily responsible for instructional preparation and teaching of nursing courses offered at the Associate Degree level in the classroom, clinical, and laboratory settings.
Teach Pediatric & Med Surg Nursing, including nursing process, critical thinking, pharmacology, therapeutic communications, priority setting and delegation.
- Provide clinical instruction to nursing students in Pediatric & Med Surg Nursing.
- Evaluate student performance in the classroom and clinical setting.
- Utilize a variety of appropriate teaching strategies to promote students' critical thinking.
- Teach in learning communities and engage students in community service.
- Develop instructional material consistent with course objectives.
- Participate in determining appropriate goals and objectives of nursing course and assist in developing course standards.
- Use new simulations and computer technologies in the classroom, as appropriate, to facilitate learning.
- Actively participate in on-going professional development.
- Actively engage in the development, implementation and evaluation of all components of the systematic program evaluation.
- Maintain expertise and currency in the area of teaching responsibility.
- Comply with the duties as stipulated in the Massachusetts Community College Council Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Minimum of a Master's degree in Nursing and current licensure or eligibility to practice as a Registered Nurse in good standing in Massachusetts
- Minimum of five years full-time experience in Nursing or its equivalent within the last eight years
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student population
- Two years full time teaching experience in a registered nurse program preferred, with background sufficient to teach theoretical and clinical content in pediatric & medical surgical nursing
- Community college teaching experience preferred
Salary Range: $65,000.00-$75,000.00. Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate With Education and Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Relocation Stipend May Be Available.
Effective date: To ensure consideration, application materials must be received by May 28, 2021.
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
- A Copy of your Unofficial Transcripts
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE