University of Colorado Denver
College of Arts & Media, Dean’s Office
Operations Specialist (Business Services Professional –Intermediate)
Position #667812 / Requisition #21148
- attract a diversity of scholarly and creative work, pedagogical practices and methodologies, insights and worldviews to the applicant pool
- attract candidates who mirror and engage with the intersectionalities in our community
- attract a more inclusive breadth of qualified candidates to the applicant pool
- foster greater equity across the institution
To learn more about the College of Arts & Media and the University of Colorado Denver, please visit: College of Arts & Media - https://artsandmedia.ucdenver.edu
University of Colorado, Denver - https://www.ucdenver.edu/about-cu-denverExamples of Work Performed:Business Operations:
- Acts as a liaison for students by providing information on CAM programming, academic track options, admissions/enrollment, campus life, etc.
- Is knowledgeable regarding all programs and areas of emphasis within the College and presents programmatic and application information to potential students and parents in person, through email, and through phone calls and executes campus/college tours, as needed.
- Provide fiscal support for CAM, including but not limited to:
- Oversee the intake and approval of purchase requests on behalf of the Dean’s Office and ensure that all purchases are allowable business expenses in compliance with all College and University guidelines.
- Process purchase requests via CU Marketplace and P-Card.
- Reconcile expense reports and invoices; ensure appropriate and timely payments to vendors
- Review and assess work order requests to verify need, funding, and approvals; submit for processing and assure completion and proper billing and reconciliation.
- Maintain general office supplies by ordering, purchasing, and charging items appropriately.
- Provide special project support; assess and develop processes and propose recommendations for various projects.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the student locker program; develop policies and procedures to manage this student resource; develop digital and physical communication for students regarding locker program
- Assist students, staff/faculty, and guests of the Dean’s Office; to include- provide customer service, greet visitors in the lobby, answer incoming calls, and direct as needed and/or provide appropriate information and successful resolution of routine administrative issues.
- Responsible for maintaining common spaces; ensure kitchen, lobby, conference rooms, and common areas are in order, stocked, and clean.
- Oversee building access requests, management and troubleshooting.
- Maintain shipping processes and an orderly mail/copier room; ensure copier materials (paper and ink) are stocked.
- Perform other general administration, fiscal, operational, or business support as needed.
- Act as an advising resource for prospective and current students; pull student data and provide resources and guidance on CAM programming and triage students to specific advising resources as needed.
- Run and review initial degree audits to determine eligibility for graduation and submits recommendations to the Advising Director; complete and submit DATC forms to registrar’s office; check blank audits against catalogue copy; coordinate with registrar’s office regarding systemic issues.
- Responsible for managing survey implementation and data related to advising resources; compile qualitative and quantitative feedback; work with system administrator to adjust survey.
- Assist with metric tracking; and create data visualization tools for presentations.
- Provide support to the CAM advising team such as scheduling advising appointments, check-in students for appointments as well as drop-in hours, answer questions regarding academic calendar timelines and deadlines, manage student files, maintain student confidentiality.
- Scan/maintain/archive database of electronic advising sheets, sample schedules, and various advising handouts/forms.
- Coordinate various assigned, time sensitive, projects and ensure completion; to include: the creation and utilization of spreadsheets and other tracking functions to adhere to project timelines.
- Centralizing notification process and distribution of materials, to include: email student, set-up zoom, email the materials
- Perform other duties as assigned and needed by the Dean’s suite.
The hiring range for this position has been established at $50,000 to $55,000. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above hiring range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
- Bachelor’s Degree in office administration, business administration, or a related field. Substitution: A combination of years and college level education may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the 4-year degree. Experience used to satisfy the degree substitution cannot also be used to satisfy the below 1 year of professional level experience requirement.
- One (1) year of professional business, fiscal, academic services, student affairs or related experience.
- Must be willing and able to successfully pass a national criminal and sex-offender background check.
- Must be willing and able to work Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm.
- Experience working within higher education.
- Experience providing customer service in an office and/or administrative setting.
- Experience working with technology and data management.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse population at all levels throughout the institution.
- Uphold a service-oriented mindset with excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate in a positive and effective manner, across various modalities.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and responsibilities in parallel to maintaining attention to detail.
- Outwardly contribute to a respectful, positive, and professional workspace.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Strong independent judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to independently establish work priorities, follow through, and meet established deadlines.
- Ability to actively listen and share relevant information, anticipate problems, and offer suggestions for resolution.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills including, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively assist faculty, staff, and students through knowledge of processes, procedures, and policies of the College of Arts & Media.
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected] The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: May 4, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing