International Enrollment Operations Specialist
University of Colorado | CU Denver
Office of International Affairs, International Enrollment
International Enrollment Operations Specialist
Position #00300412 – Requisition #21124
The Office of International Affairs (OIA) serves the University of Colorado Downtown Denver (CU Denver) and Anschutz Medical Campus by facilitating the goals of promoting international education, intercultural exchange, and diversity. Under the guidance of the International Enrollment Operations Manager, the International Enrollment Operations Specialist is responsible for gaining knowledge of policies and regulations that pertain to international admissions and assisting in the creation of efficient processes and procedures for application processing in Slate and PeopleSoft. This position will be is responsible for managing the flow of applications, monitoring bins, troubleshooting issues related to application processing in tandem with the Slate Administrator and International Admissions staff. The International Enrollment Operations Specialist will also be responsible for the initial screening and assessment of all international applications regarding to completeness and preparing the files for review. Additionally, this position will manage processes that move the student’s application towards completion, including but not limited to reviewing and approving requests for term and/or major changes, requesting outstanding applicant materials, responding to internal and external inquiries on application status, and generating periodic reports on the status of applications, missing materials and communication efforts. This position will also assist in other areas related to international recruitment and prospect management. Supervision Received: Reports to the International Enrollment Operations Manager.Examples of Work Performed:
This position is responsible for facilitating the recruitment, admission, and enrollment of international students at the university.Application Support and Services:
- Assists the International Enrollment Operations Manager to ensure that an efficient international student application process is in place.
- Regularly reviews application workflows to ensure that Slate rules and functions are performing as desired.
- Identifies issues within the international student application process and assists the International Enrollment Operations Manager, Director of International Enrollment Management and the Student Application Software Administrator in troubleshooting.
- Builds working knowledge of international admissions populations, forms, source formats, rules, and overall functions in Slate to assist in fixing issues.
- Communicates and enforces application policies and procedures for international students applying to CU Denver.
- Evaluates international academic credentials for an evolving portfolio of applications.
- Proactively manages applications to move them efficiently through the application process.
- Manages communication with international applicants who are asked to provide additional documentation during international credential evaluation.
- Ensures the accuracy of each application entered and all documents uploaded.
- Works within the Slate, PeopleSoft, and other university systems to facilitate the efficient processing of international applications.
- Performs the admission process for the International College Beijing (ICB) program.
- Contributes to international undergraduate admission decisions as a member of the International Admission Committee.
- Processes deferral, major change, and cancellation requests.
- Matriculates international students in PeopleSoft.
- Receives and processes documents for the purpose of post-admission verification.
- Generates periodic reports on the status of applications.
- Participates in international student recruitment activities as needed. This may include domestic and/or international travel, in addition to virtual recruitment activities and events.
- Provides excellent customer service to prospective and admitted students by assisting with walk-in traffic, answering questions, answering telephone calls, and responding to email inquiries.
- Assists in other admissions-related functions, including numerous aspects of student communications and records, data management and testing, imaging and document processing, recruitment activities, counseling/advising, and/or other enrollment management functions.
- Retrieves and compiles data regarding prospective, admitted, and matriculating students to maximize efficiency in the application process.
- Data Compilation, synthesis, analysis, and other duties as assigned.
- Documents and maintains information pertaining to admissions requirements and standards of CU Denver from the course catalog as well as from the academic departments.
- Contributes to CU Denver and Student Success priorities by serving on standing or ad hoc committees, task forces, etc. as appropriate.
- The position may be required at times to participate in professional activities on weekends and evenings outside of the established workday. This includes time out of the office for possible domestic or international travel.
- Envisions and executes additional duties and projects with or without specific assignments.
- Additional duties to be determined based on the development of specific strategies, targets, and desired outcomes set forth in the Strategic International Enrollment Management Plan of the university.
The salary range for this position has been established at $47,500 to $50,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125
- A bachelor’s degree in international education, international business, international affairs, international relations, data analysis/management, or a related field. Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience with academic services or student services in a higher education setting.
- Experience with overseeing data maintenance related to compliance with academic and admission policies.
- Experience with student information systems within a higher education setting.
- Professional experience with CRM, database, and query building.
- Familiarity with Slate and Excel.
- Experience with international credential evaluation.
- Experience working with constituents from diverse and international cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills applied consistently to external and internal customers.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to analyze multiple complex system components.
- Flexibility to quickly change priorities as needed and to adapt to changes in processes and procedures.
- Ability to keep sight of desired high-level outcomes through the handling of day-to-day tasks.
- Ability to work independently.
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected] The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: May 3, 2021
Unposting Date: May 16, 2021, 11:59:00 PM