Lecturer of English
Lecturer of EnglishPosting Number:
YesNature of Work:
The Department of Arts and Humanities at the College of Coastal Georgia invites applications for a full-time, non-tenure track Lecturer of English. The Department offers courses in the general education curriculum along with the B.A. in American Studies. This appointment is expected to begin August 1, 2021. This position is an academic year (10-month) appointment; summer teaching opportunities are based on student enrollment. Rank and salary are commensurate with credentials and experience.Essential Duties:
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated commitment to the teaching of composition. Initial responsibilities include teaching first-year composition courses and learning support/co-requisite English courses in both fall and spring semesters. The candidate must work cooperatively with others and be willing to teach face-to-face, hybrid, and online classes on the Brunswick campus and at the Camden location as needed. While demonstrating excellence in teaching, the candidate will contribute to departmental and college service, and demonstrate a commitment to professional development.Minimum Qualifications and Training:
- M.A. in English, Composition, or Rhetoric from a regionally accredited institution must be completed prior to the position start date.
- Commitment to serving diverse student populations in a collegiate setting.
- Experience teaching English composition and rhetoric at the college level.
- Experience teaching developmental/learning support/co-requisite English.
- Computer literacy, including experience using technology effectively in the classroom.
- Commitment to using high-impact practices (HIPs)
- Doctoral degree with a specialization in Composition and Rhetoric from a regionally accredited institution.
- 2 years full-time experience teaching English composition and rhetoric at the college level.
- 1 year of experience teaching developmental/learning support/co-requisite English.
- Collaborative teaching experience.
- Writing Across the Curriculum / Writing in the Disciplines experience.
- Experience leading campus-wide professional development programming
The College of Coastal Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College supports equal employment opportunities for all persons without regard to race, color, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, gender, national origin, status as a war veteran, age, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Based on the University system of Georgia’s policy, official sealed transcripts must be provided upon offer and acceptance of all Faculty positions.
College of Coastal Georgia is an undergraduate college in the University System of Georgia. Located on Georgia’s coast, the College campus is in Brunswick with additional outreach through the Camden Center in Kingsland. The vision of the College is to be a college of choice for students within Georgia and beyond, providing an outstanding education for tomorrow’s leaders and citizens through service-learning, global awareness and engaged entrepreneurship. With a strong emphasis on student retention, progression and timely graduation, the College offers baccalaureate degrees in American Studies, Biological Sciences, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Education, French, Health Informatics, Interdisciplinary Studies, Mathematics, Nursing (BSN), Psychology, Public Management, Spanish, and Workforce Management and Leadership, as well as career associate degrees in Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, Nursing (ASN) and Radiologic Science. A veterans-friendly campus, the College is a designated Yellow Ribbon School. Approximately 3,000 students are served by more than 200 staff members and a teaching faculty of whom 52% hold doctoral degrees. CCGA is an active participant in the Complete College Georgia initiative designed to support community partnerships and develop the critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills necessary to address the challenges of 21st century economic development and community wellbeing. For more information, visit the College website: http://www.ccga.eduOpen Date:
04/19/2021Open Until Filled: