Associate Director of Student Success and Career Advising - Carle Illinois College of Medicine ...
Associate Director of Student Success and Career Advising
Carle Illinois College of Medicine
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Associate Director of Student Success supports the Director of Student Success with the case management of Carle Illinois College of Medicine students, manages the residency application process, and sustains the career advising program under the direction of the director.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Case Management: Progress, Promotion, and Graduation
- Assist the director with the development of individual success plans for all Carle Illinois students in collaboration with academic affairs, which includes study plans, remediation, and support systems.
- Assist the director by meeting with every student each year to review and improve success plans in relation to career goals and aspirations.
- Support the process for leaves of absences and scheduling returns in partnership with academic affairs, financial aid, registrar, and other key units within the college and across the university.
- Manage the career advising program for phase 2 and phase 3 of the curriculum and collaborate with the director of student affairs for phase 1 career advising.
- Develop the clinical mentoring program including onboarding of mentors, operations manual, and training schedule.
- Serve as the primary administrator for the residency application systems including the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS), military, San Francisco, and urology application systems.
- Support the residency application process in collaboration with Carle Illinois units and university offices.
- Assist the director on supporting the away rotation process.
- Assist with Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) Supplement Offer and Acceptance Program (SOAP) for Carle Illinois during Match week
- Assist the director in advising students on their residency applications including noteworthy characteristics that are included in the Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- Develop and maintain career advising workshops on residency interviews, CV review, personal statements, and faculty letter of recommendations.
- Oversee the maintenance and updates of policies related to student success.
- Develop and maintain the career advising website.
- Oversee special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
Perform other duties as assigned
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality of work- and education-related information and materials.
- Engage in and support learning in accordance with related student and patient regulations and ethical norms, such as FERPA and HIPAA.
- Foster a culture of diversity and inclusion within the college
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships; work cooperatively and collegially with others in a manner consistent with a workplace of dignity and respect; support and engage in equal employment opportunity principles, rules, and regulations; champion positive inter-professional relationships bridging the college.
- Bachelor’s degree in higher education, counseling, or field related to the position.
- Master’s degree in higher education, counseling, or field related to the position.
- (All can be concurrent): 5 years of experience in higher education. 3 years of experience in higher education career advising. 3 years of experience overseeing projects within an organization.
- Experience with medical school residency application process. Familiarity with data and analytics related to medical education. Medical school career advising, strongly preferred.
Training, Licenses or Certifications
- Attended AAMC Career in Medicine training
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate progress and promotion policies and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills that incorporate tact and diplomacy, with the ability to effectively cultivate relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, address and resolve conflict and complex issues in a multifaceted, matrix environment.
- Demonstrated organizational and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with the residency programs for medical students.
- Familiarity with USMLE exams required for physician licensing.
Salary and Appointment Information
This position is a 100% full time, twelve month, benefits-eligible Academic Professional position. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Starting date is as soon as possible after closing date.
Procedure for Candidacy
For more information on the Carle Illinois College of Medicine, please visit https://medicine.illinois.edu/.
For fullest consideration, applicant materials should be received by no later than Monday May 24, 2021.
Interested candidates must create a candidate profile through https://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:
1. Submit the Staff Vacancy Application
2. Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms
3. Upload your cover letter and resume (months and years of employment must be included), and contact information of three professional references.
4. Upload a diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) statement (1 page maximum) describing your awareness, past efforts, and commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion, and how your advancement of DEI will contribute to excellence at Carle Illinois.
For more information regarding the application procedures, please contact Carle Illinois College of Medicine Human Resources at [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconductin Prior Employment.
College Name or Administrative Unit:Carle Illinois College of Medicine Category:5-Education and Student Services Title:Associate Director of Student Success and Career Advising - Carle Illinois College of Medicine (143597) Open Date:05/04/2021 Organization Name:Carle IL COM Administration