Coordinator of International Programs - Veterinary Medicine Administration (145193)
College of Veterinary Medicine Veterinary Administration
Coordinator of International Programs
0% FTE, 12-month appointment
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
The College of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Illinois is seeking a Coordinator of International Programs to coordinate the College's international activities related to faculty and student programs and serve as the college contact with the Office of International Engagement, Communications and Protocol.
- Assist and advise the Dean on issues related to International programs and activities
- Provide leadership within the college in developing, promoting and participating in International activities and promoting cultural competency in our DVM students. This includes maintenance of an international programs website that includes study abroad information, and organization of delivering instructional courses such as “Veterinary Spanish” to our DVM students
- Work with the Academic and Student Affairs office and faculty to provide suitable student study abroad experiences. Actively participate in some study abroad experiences. Recruit students to participate in study abroad experiences. Mentor students who do study abroad. Provide leadership and oversight of student study abroad experiences, and actively participate in some of the experiences
- Work with the Advancement office to raise funds to support International programs and activities
- Provide the primary point of contact for visits to our college by students and faculty from Colleges of Veterinary Medicine / Faculties of Veterinary Science in other countries, and serve as the lead person responsible for coordinating schedules for international guests to the College of Veterinary Medicine
- Maintain a database related to Memorandum of Understandings with international institutions, including an annual update on the activity between the institutions
- Develop a strong working relationship with the Office of International Programs in the College of Agricultural, Consumer, and Environmental Sciences and coordinate with International Programs and Studies offices at the campus level as needed
- Meet every one to two months throughout the year with the Dean to discuss activities and progress and serve on the College Planning Committee
- Periodically provide oral and written reports to the college related to international activities
- Provide requested information related to AAVMC and AVMA initiatives regarding international activities
- Participate in meetings and symposia as well as other appropriate activities related to International activities
Experience attained through current employment as a full-time faculty or specialized faculty at the rank of Instructor, Lecturer, Assistant, Associate or Full Professor within the College of Veterinary Medicine. A D.V.M. or equivalent degree is required. Preference will be given to candidates with a documented interest and involvement in international activities, including a detailed understanding of clinical rotations in the College of Veterinary Medicine.
An annual administrative stipend of $5,000 or two months of summer salary (for academic appointments) will be provided.
This is a 0% administrative appointment with a 25% time commitment on a 12-month basis.
Proposed starting date:
At search conclusion or until suitable candidate is identified.
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by May 18, 2021. The review of applications will begin immediately. Interviews may occur prior to June 1; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date, and consideration will continue until suitable candidates are identified for the position. Interested applicants are invited to apply online at jobs.illinois.edu. Applications should include a cover letter, resume, and names including contact information for three or more references. Questions should be directed to: Anne Barger ([email protected]).
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment. As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
College Name or Administrative Unit:College of Veterinary Medicine Category:5-Education and Student Services Title:Coordinator of International Programs - Veterinary Medicine Administration (145193) Open Date:05/04/2021 Close Date:05/20/2021 Organization Name:Vet Medicine Administration