Assistant/Associate Dean for Admissions and Student Life at Liberty University College
Liberty University College of Osteopathic Medicine (LUCOM), one of the nation's newest medical schools, is seeking an innovative and dynamic leader for an exciting opportunity guiding medical school admissions and student life programs. The Assistant or Associate Dean for Admissions and Student Life will play a pivotal role overseeing the admissions process and recruitment pipeline including developing preadmissions programs and relationships with external partners. This role also supports the social, cultural, recreational, and general welfare needs of students. Candidates should possess an advanced degree (i.e. DO, MD, PhD, EdD, etc.) or Master level degree in a related field (i.e. Student Services, Educational Administration), as well as a minimum of 5 years of leadership experience in the context of recruitment and admissions, student life or student services, higher education, and/or relevant business experience.
Help us shape the Liberty difference.
As a faith-based medical school with a Christian worldview, LUCOM’s goal is to train community-based physicians with a mission to provide quality medical access for underserved patients. This unique role, available due to a planned retirement, provides the opportunity to directly impact the realization of that goal by influencing the entire life cycle of the medical student experience - from preadmission, to admissions, and throughout their time in medical school.
- Oversee an established and successful team with an impressive tenure, the majority of which have been with LUCOM since the medical school's inception.
- Build meaningful relationships in the region with other universities, colleges, and STEM programs to educate prospective students on the medical school experience.
- Formulate strategic and innovative programs to further build the recruitment pipeline and admissions process.
- Create an engaging and rewarding campus experience for students by overseeing student clubs, activities, events, and more.
- Capitalize on positive momentum - help us launch our next phase with innovation, passion, and a focus on excellence.
Small-City Comforts, Big-City Amenities — Lynchburg, Virginia
The moment you arrive in beautiful Lynchburg, you’ll feel right at home. The authentic Southern hospitality and charm create a sense of belonging for residents and visitors alike. This vibrant, artistic, and welcoming community is perfect for students, professionals, and families.
- Cost of living 17% lower than the national average
- Upscale dining and live music venues downtown offer the breathtaking backdrops of the James River and Blue Ridge Mountains
- An abundance of outdoor activities, including hiking, biking, kayaking, fishing, camping, and skiing
- Variety of affordable housing options— from refurbed-buildings-turned condos, to Victorian mansions on tree-lined streets, or horse farms just outside the city
- Easy access to major metro areas, including Richmond, Charlotte, and D.C.
Liberty in Lynchburg. There’s no place we’d rather be. We think you’ll agree.
For immediate consideration please inquire with an updated copy of your CV so we can discuss the position by phone. Also, inform me of your best available times to speak. I look forward to your reply and thank you for your review. Please do not delay as we anticipate a significant response.
Please contact Kendra Thompson at [email protected] or at 866-406-0269 and reference AD-133200
Apply for Assistant/Associate Dean for Admissions and Student Life at Liberty University College
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly