Senior Dental Assistant, Dental Faculty Practice, 28285 Location:
UMKC Hospt Hill Campus Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Dental Faculty Practice, UMKC School of Dentistry
The Dental Faculty Practice at the UMKC School of Dentistry is seeking a Senior Dental Assistant to assist in our faculty clinic. This position is designed to provide community patient care as directed by the doctors as well as provide patients with knowledge on proper oral care and dental hygiene. Successful candidates will be team-focused, problem solvers, known for their ability to build professional relationships with patients, and their positive, proactive attitude. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide dental assistance in an oral surgery environment regularly
- Greet and seat patients as they arrive
- Instruct patients on proper dental hygiene
- Prepare treatment rooms and assist doctors in dental procedures
- Coordinate treatment instructions, plans, and referrals
- Take Records, including x-rays, pictures and impressions
- Make temporary crowns and bridges
- Keep day to day supplies stocked at all times
- Answer patient questions or directing the appropriate questions to the doctors or supervisors
- Prepare patient operatory using compliant OSHA, CDC, and ADA sterilization techniques
- Perform all opening, closing and maintenance procedures as described in sterilization and maintenance policies
- A high school diploma or equivalent and at least 2 years of experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities can be acquired is necessary
- Certifications as required by state/federal law or regulatory agencies is necessary
- Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) Certification OR
- Passing the Missouri Test of Basic Dental Assisting Skills
- 3 or more years of chairside dental assisting experience
- Knowledge of MDA expanded functions such as restorative I, restorative II, fixed prosthesis, and removable prosthesis
Full Time/Part Time
$15.29 to $19.00 per hour, commensurate with experience
Interviews will begin immediately, position will remain open until filled.
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of three references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment.
Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
If you are experiencing technical problems, please call (855) 524-0002.
Why UMKC? Our Dental Assistants can rely on stable hours, full benefits that start day one, generous paid time off, and continuing education benefits for themselves and their dependents.Compensation Calculator
This calculator is a decision-making tool for prospective employees considering a career with the University of Missouri (UM) System. Compensation is bigger than just the salary you earn. It includes how much the university subsidizes your insurance, what kinds of retirement plans are available to you, the number of paid leave days you can earn, and more. Use this calculator to help compare your current compensation with what UM can offer. https://www.umsystem.edu/forms/compensation_calculator
Also, explore the Total Rewards website to learn more about the rewards package we offer to acknowledge our employees as the university's most important resource. https://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor - Human Resources at 816-235-1621.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and functions of this job. If you believe you may have difficulty performing any of the duties or functions of this job, please contact the Office of Affirmative Action at (816) 235-1323.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
UMKC Statement on Diversity
UMKC values diversity as central to its mission as an urban-serving research university and as a driver of excellence in teaching and learning. UMKC embraces a broad spectrum of diversities, including race, ethnicity, culture, nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, linguistic ability, learning style, religion, socioeconomic and veteran status, life experiences, educational level and family structure. For more information on our diversity mission, visit the Office of Diversity and Inclusion website: http://info.umkc.edu/diversity/
UMKC is the largest comprehensive, fully accredited university in the Kansas City area. Our students come from all 50 states and over 85 countries, enriching our community with diverse perspectives. With more than 125 academic areas, our students have a lot of opportunities to explore on their way to discovering and creating their perfect career. We are at the heart of a thriving urban area where the city’s life and energy influence everything that happens here. We are Kansas City’s university and we can’t wait for you to join us! Find out more about UMKC in the About UMKC section of our website.
Details about UMKC’s community and the benefits of being an employee can be found on our careers page.