University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
- Oversee and coordinate the front-line customer service activities of Admissions staff, to include the provision of in-person and telephone information services to current students, and faculty and other members of the public.
- Supervise two exempt professionals on the Admissions Team that includes annual evaluations, quarterly coaching sessions, progressive discipline measures, job description management, recruiting, and onboarding as appropriate.
- Supervise the daily operations of the Admissions Team.
- Provide leadership and supervision, training, direction, problem solving, team building and evaluation of staff.
- Develop and set priorities for staff, working with the leadership team
- Inspire a collaborative spirit and encourage faculty and staff to think of personal responsibilities in the context of the whole office function.
- This position will be responsible for building out process maps for the annual operations within the office.
- The position holder will manage all admissions interview days, second look day, the Admissions Committee retreat, orientation, and recognition events.
- Manage 125+ interviewers for prospective students
- Demonstrated ability to interact with highly educated professionals including physicians, PhDs, university faculty and staff as well as prospective applicants, current students, faculty, and alumni
- The position holder will have significant responsibility for the development and management of the interview process for the School of Medicine MD program, including both applicants and interviewers, serving as the primary liaison between applicants and interviewers during the admissions season.
- The position holder will be responsible for managing the process of the interview day, scheduling over 700 applicant interviews and more than 10 interview days.
- The position holder will be expected to work with the Associate Dean, Assistant Dean and Director to design and implement processes for the interviews and to start the process of collection of data, preparing statistical reports relating to overall recruitment management strategies.
- Oversee the data including projections and trends for applications and matriculation rates.
- In conjunction with the Assistant Dean of Admissions, maintain accurate records of disbursement for the Dean’s Distinguished Scholarships
- Serve on the Scholarship Committee and chair the Dean’s Distinguished Scholarship Committee.
- Work with the OME Financial Analyst to ensure scholarship documentation is maintained and students awards are processed accurately;
- Manages the operating budgets of the Admissions Office. Analyzes and forecasts expenditures for Admissions in order to advise the Assistant and Medical Education Leadership regarding budget.In adherence with University procurement policies, this position will oversee the procurement transactions for the Admissions Team (i.e. Concur approvals and CU Marketplace approvals)Makes decisions about appropriate use of speed types and funds with an understanding of complex financial reporting system.Understanding of the Concur system and knowledge of appropriate state and university regulationsManages other Admissions staff who have P-Card access in reconciling their accounts monthly and making appropriate decisions regarding which components of the operating budget are to be used for the expenses.Produces monthly and/or as needed reports in order to provide guidance and to make recommendations regarding the status of the budget.
- Provide leadership and supervision, training, direction, problem solving, team building in conjunction with Program Manager of Student Life.
- The position holder will work closely with the various Deans and UME Program Director to ensure efficient work flow in the office, act as a primary resource for communication with applicants and other constituents.
- The position holder will provide leadership for other staff in the office and will participate in a team effort to insure the smooth operations of the office.
- The position holder will serve as an expert consultant regarding state and university rules and regulations regarding events and processes.
- Establishes and documents best practices and standard operating procedures relevant to core work responsibilities.
- Participate and present at OME quarterly meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support various initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience
- 3 years of experience in a full-time professional admissions, student affairs, academic services or related experience
- Master’s Degree in business, business administration, finance, accounting, education, social sciences, healthcare administration, public administration, communications, information systems, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- Experience with events management
- Experience with university procurement and financial systems, policies and procedures
- Experience working with graduate level students
- Experience with working with student leaders
- Experience working with medical school admissions
- Demonstrated ability to interact with highly educated professionals including physicians, PhDs, university faculty and staff as well as prospective applicants, current students and alumni.
- This position requires knowledge of academic medicine, academic requirements for admission into the MD program, medical school curriculum, and the functions and structure of a medical school and the process of transition graduate medical education.
- This position requires the ability to quickly acquire knowledge of medical school admissions requirements, including application procedures and deadlines, selection factors, costs and financial aid packages, combined degrees, and graduates’ specialty choices.
- This position requires the ability to quickly develop knowledge of medical student life, including curriculum, extracurricular activities, and career development throughout medical school and the transition to residency.
- Demonstrated ability to establish relationships and collaborate collegially and effectively with diverse students, staff, faculty, administrators and the community. Highly effective interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy and the ability to present information effectively to groups.
- Ability to effectively coach and motivate exempt professional staff to meet the goals of the department and University.
- Extreme tact and confidentiality when dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Knowledge of University guidelines related to procurement.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Access or similar database
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead staff to inspire teamwork and achieve established goals
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, database manipulation, Internet searches, and email
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: May 4, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing