UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. We are growing with the DFW region, enrolling a record 47,000+ students across our system and awarding nearly 12,000 degrees each year.Posting Title:
Adjunct Instructor: Human Services Management & Leadership Summer 2021 and Fall 2021(Adjunct)Department:
DAL-Counseling & Human Services-518100Job Location:
DallasFull Time/Part Time:
Salary Commensurate with ExperienceDepartment Summary:
The University of North Texas at Dallas invites applications for the position of Adjunct Instructor to teach in Department of Counseling and Human Services.
UNT Dallas – the first four-year public institution of higher education in the city – seeks an individual who will help shape the character of a 21st century, teaching-focused university. Candidates should be able to express enthusiastic support for the mission of the university to transform the lives of students, families, and communities. Candidates should demonstrate the ability to provide high-quality, student-focused education in preparation for tomorrow’s careers, and its vision to create the place of choice where students are inspired to learn, faculty are inspired to teach, and the community is inspired to support. For more information about the university, go to: http://untdallas.edu/Position Summary:
Qualified individuals are being sought to establish a pool of readily available talented persons from which these vacancies are filled as they occur. The adjunct instructor is responsible for teaching undergraduate courses face to face, in hybrid and online formats. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about teaching and student success.
UNT Dallas is hiring for the following positions to begin, Summer 2021 and Fall 2021 semester.Minimum Qualifications:
• Human Services Management and Leadership
• Alternative Dispute Resolution
• Substance Abuse Treatment
• Master’s Degree with at least 18 graduate credit hours in the teaching area including, Social Work, Human Services, Rehabilitation Counseling, Nonprofit Management, Mediation, Counseling Education, Public Administration, or related educational programs.Preferred Qualifications:
• Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
• State certification or licensing in the subject matter where required.
• Experience in online/hybrid instruction
• Proven teaching excellence in undergraduate instruction or professional development trainings.
• Ph.D. In Social Work, Human Services, Rehabilitation Counseling, Counseling, Psychology, Nonprofit Management, or related educational programWork Schedule:
• Terminal degree in the specific discipline or a closely related discipline
• Demonstrated experience teaching undergraduate courses.
*Significant pedagogical knowledge and understanding in course development desirable.
• Academic experience working on a campus with culturally diverse students, staff, and faculty.
• Knowledge of Counsel on Standards for Human Services Education (CSHSE) or CSWE (Council on Social Work Education).
• Bilingual skills a plus.
As required to meet the academic schedule.Driving University Vehicle:
This is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Physical Requirements:
Sitting, Standing, Walking, Writing, Talk or HearPosting Number:
A087PSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Submit a CV, a letter of application that outlines the applicant’s interest, qualifications and experience for the position, and unofficial graduate transcripts to http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com/. For additional information visit http://unt-dallas.peopleadmin.com or contact Judith Nix @ [email protected]Quicklink for Posting:
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the search is closed.
University of North Texas at Dallas is an AA/ADA/EOE