Clinical Trials Data Specialist
Clinical Trials Data Specialist
Job Number: 89411
As part of the new Stanford University Center for Definitive and Curative Medicine (CDCM), the Stem Cell and Gene Therapy Clinical Trial Office (SCGT-CTO) provides comprehensive project support and clinical trial management resources to Stanford Investigators specializing in cellular and gene therapies. The Stem Cell and Gene Therapy Clinical Trial Office (SCGT-CTO) seeks a full-time a Clinical Trials Data Specialist (Data Aide 3) enter data from a source document into a computer system and verify entries for accuracy and completeness to support clinical research trials in cell and gene therapy. This position will maintain complex databases and develop tools and guidelines for data collection and integrity. Work is performed by exercising independent judgment and initiative in performing tasks. The SCGT-CTO is a specialized entity with expertise in phase I/II clinical trials with cellular products. Stanford School of Medicine strives to lead the biomedical revolution by fueling discovery and innovation to advance human health.
The mission of the SCGT-CTO is to translate basic discoveries into innovative therapeutics to treat children with debilitating diseases for which there are no cures at present and the identification of curative therapies for such children will offer them new hope for health, improvement in their quality of life, and a reduction in medical costs compared to their present palliative, but not curative therapies.
- Extraction and entry of required clinical data from medical records and patient research charts/reports to Clinical Research Forms (eCRFs/CRFs).
- Maintaining and developing databases and spreadsheets used for clinical trials and research data collection and operations
- Maintaining currency of research regulations including rules concerning reporting of Serious Adverse Events (SAEs) and violations with department training and feedback.
- Interact closely with regulatory and quality assurance teams to ensure data accuracy on Clinical Research Forms (eCRFs/CRFs) prior to submission for in-house, sponsored and Cooperative Group studies
- Assist in design of case report forms (CRFs) for clinical studies.
- Assist in the compilation of clinical data for reporting regulatory submissions
- Determine appropriate action to be taken for duplicate, inaccurate, or unclear information.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Experience with Electronic Data Capture (EDC)
- Some knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience with Epic Systems
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
High school diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent and three years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Strong clerical, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to exercise judgment and employ basic reasoning skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Sitting in place at computer for long periods of time with extensive keyboarding/dexterity.
- Occasionally use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4743
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: F
- Department URL: http://pediatrics.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 89411
Location: School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency