Child Development Center Food Coordinator, 20hrs/week (IWV)
Child Development Center Food Coordinator, 20hrs/week (IWV)
Kern Community College District
Position Number: 03300
Posting Date: 05/04/2021
Position Closing Date:
Initial Screening Date: 05/18/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Classified
Work Week: 20 hours per week, 12 month position
Minimum Salary: $1,556.54 per year
Maximum Salary: $2,199.35 per year
The Kern Community College District provides a prorated contribution of the existing premium cap to an excellent health and welfare benefits plan. The employee pays a prorated amount of the existing premium cap in addition to their selected plan employee contribution cost.
In addition, employees have the option to purchase:
- Flex 125
- AFLAC Policy
- Supplemental voluntary life insurance
- 403b Tax Shelter Annuity
All coverages begin on the first day of the month following the hire date. Employees are covered under the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) and are vested 100% after five years of full time service.
College/Site: Cerro Coso College
Location: CC-Main Campus, Ridgecrest
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, plan, organize and coordinate the activities of the Child Care Food Program; oversee and instruct staff in proper food preparation and shipment methods; coordinate food and related supply purchases; assure compliance with State and federal regulations.
- Plan, organize and coordinate the activities of the Child Care Food Program; monitor and evaluate food services for compliance with State and federal regulations; recommend and implement procedural modifications.
- Maintain food quality standards including appearance and sanitation regulations; prepare food menus, revise, update and adjust menus as necessary; create and test new recipes; oversee and instruct cooks in food preparation and shipment methods; prepare meals in the absence of the head cook.
- Prepare a variety of reports, forms, newsletters and program-related correspondence; complete a variety of governmental forms as required; interpret and implement changes to government reporting procedures.
- Estimate and cost food products needed for operation; communicate with vendors to collect and compare food and supply prices; audit and maintain billing records.
- Order, receive, inspect, verify and accept deliveries of food and supplies; monitor and inventory food products according to established procedures; rotate and dispose of unusable leftovers; utilized proper methods of storing foods.
- Assure proper cleanliness and maintenance of equipment and supplies; monitor the serving of meals to children.
- Maintain a variety of files and paperwork including expenditure statements, summaries for State and federal reimbursement of funds, food transport records and menu production records.
- Participate in budget preparation and administration; prepare cost estimates for budget recommendations; monitor and control expenditures.
- Participate in the selection of staff; provide or coordinate staff training and orientations; work with employees to improve work performance; monitor and record attendance; provide in-service workshops relative to the assigned program.
- Answer phones and respond to inquiries; serve as a reference source to faculty regarding the Child Care Food Program.
- Attend and participate in a variety of meetings; conduct presentations to parenting classes regarding the Child Care Food Program.
- Operate a variety of kitchen equipment and machines used in a school cafeteria.
- Drive a vehicle to childcare centers; maintain mileage records.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Any combination equivalent to: graduation from high school supplemented by specialized training in food services production, nutrition or a related field and three years of increasingly responsible food services experience.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver’s license.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Principles and methods of quantity food service preparation, serving and storage.
- Sanitation and safety practices related to handling, cooking, baking and serving food.
- Menu planning techniques including food values, combinations and substitutions.
- Proper methods of storing equipment, materials and supplies.
- Policies and objectives of assigned program and activities.
- Storage and rotation of perishable food.
- Operation of standard kitchen equipment, utensils and measurements.
- Health and safety regulations.
- Nutritional requirements of school-aged children.
- Record-keeping and report preparation techniques.
- Budgeting procedures and techniques.
- Operation of standard office equipment including a computer.
- Principles and procedures of financial record-keeping.
- Principles of training and supervision.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Inventory methods and practices.
- Plan and prepare a variety of nutritional foods in quantity.
- Develop menus in accordance with nutritional requirements and budget limitations.
- Maintain current knowledge of program rules, regulations, requirements and restrictions.
- Determine accurate amounts of food portions and supplies to be ordered.
- Prepare and administer a budget.
- Create and adjust recipes to fit the needs of the Child Care Food Center.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Train and supervise others.
- Assign and review the work of others.
- Observe health and safety regulations.
- Operate a computer terminal.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
Salary Grade: 37.5
Special Instructions to Applicants:
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on May 18, 2021 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
- List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application form
It is the applicant’s responsibility to redact (or remove) any personal information from all documents prior to uploading. This includes Social Security Numbers, Date of Birth, and any photos of the applicant.
Foreign Degree: Applicants with foreign degrees from colleges or universities outside of the United States must have their coursework evaluated by a professional association that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, INC. (ACEI). A copy of the evaluation must be submitted with your on-line application.
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
EEO Plan 2018-2021
Note: The District is strongly committed to achieving staff diversity and the principles of equal employment opportunity. The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, or because he/she is perceived to have one or more of the foregoing characteristics, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law, in any of its policies, procedures or practices.
Discrimination Free Work Environment
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/15075. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency