St. Edward's University
The award-winning St. Edward's University Marketing Office is an in-house agency providing integrated marketing services including strategy development, print, and digital programs, media and public relations, social media, event planning, and market research. We communicate St. Edward's story to increase engagement, attract resources, and achieve the university's goals.
The Visual Designer is responsible for executing strategic concepts, bringing campaigns to life with new ideas, and meeting timely deliverables. Developing the university's digital design capability through leadership and inventive concepts, the aim is to set our online campaigns apart from those of our competitors. The fullest understanding of graphic design, typography and digital standards is as essential as the experience to execute projects of all sizes, and complete them with resourcefulness and dedication.
The Visual Designer reports to the Creative Lead and collaborates with the marketing team and other stakeholders on campus.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Concept and create high-quality digital deliverables, demonstrating the ability to balance design aesthetics with technical capabilities and limitations, considering UX research and data to inform wireframes, prototypes, and designs.
- Work closely with copywriters, developers, and other team members to produce a strategic, team-driven final product that leads to an exceptional user experience.
- Concept and create designs that align with the university's brand while enhancing the user experience. This position will include, but will not be limited to, designing digital and print materials, user interface designs, webpages, social media graphics, and emails.
- Be in tune with innovative trends in digital design and usability to move projects forward and improve personal professional development as well as technical knowledge of team members.
- Generate solutions and deliver new concept presentations to other members of the team.
- Collaborate across the marketing office to raise the standards of digital creativity and innovation.
- Own the role of a brand ambassador by providing feedback, knowledge, and support to campus partners, student interns, and others.
For consideration, a portfolio that showcases quality design work outlining your role in projects.
- A Bachelor's degree in design or related field with a minimum of two years related professional experience.
- Strong knowledge of brand development and the creative process with proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, and Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with a CMS (preferably Drupal) as well as UI, prototyping, and wireframing design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Miro, Mural, etc. Ability to articulate aesthetic and visual design principles and how they meet marketing goals.
- A solid understanding of HTML, CSS, content management systems, and other core web technologies.
- Excellent team player with a proactive approach and solid organizational skills and attention to detail.
- The ability to work in an iterative design/development environment.
- Preferred experience building and troubleshooting webpages and HTML emails and proficiency in Adobe After Effects and Premier.
- Must have the ability to successfully pass a criminal background check.
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the job description.
The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package!
United Healthcare Medical & Rx Coverage (HSA & FSA Available)
Sun Life Financial Dental Plan
Sun Life Financial Vision Plan
Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Annual Leave & Paid Sick Leave
Retirement Plan (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%
Services & Discounts
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com. For full consideration, please submit all application materials:
- A current resume or CV;
- A cover letter addressing the candidate's interest in and qualifications for the position;
- A statement on the candidate's ideas, contributions, and goals for advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion while serving in this position; and
- The contact information for three professional references
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,000 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning, and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
OTHER ITEMS TO KNOW
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
Reference #: J202088
Posted: 05/03/ 2021
About St. Edward's University
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
About Austin, Texas
Consistently ranked as one of the "top metropolitan areas to live in," by numerous independent media outlets, Austin attracts approximately 50 new residents a day and has been one of the nation's fasting growing cities. St. Edward's is in the heart of this thriving, entrepreneurial and cosmopolitan city, providing students, faculty and staff with opportunities to live, learn and grow in an environment that offers a wealth of resources and opportunities. In fact, Austin is home to 17 companies on the Inc. 5000 list and boasts 1.7 times the national average of startups. Additionally, as one of the world's great technology centers, Austin, sometimes referred to as "Silicon Hills," is home to technology heavyweights like Dell, National Instruments and Silicon Labs.
For more on the City of Austin's offerings, visit The Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau webpage.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit an online application at https://stedwards.applicantpro.com Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please.
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply to our vacancies and hire only U.S. Citizens and documented workers. We do not offer sponsorship at this time.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency