Coordinator, Student Center Operations
Coordinator, Student Center Operations
Job ID: 226701
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Provides maintenance and service support for the day-to-day operation of the campus-based student center. Responsible for providing customer support to tenants and ensuring quality event support, including room setups, audiovisual support and building management. Coordinates reservations and events for the facilities and oversees assigned student assistants. Assists supervisor with long- and short-term planning for students and tenants to engage in campus life.
1. Responsible for the day-to-day scheduling of student assistants and staff for assigned facility using university technology tools
2. Coordinates, plans and manages the day-to-day operations of the facilities
3. Maintains inventory and maintenance of equipment and performs and documents facility and equipment inspections
4. Works with reservation groups and registered student organizations to ensure proper use and allocation of space resources
5. Ensures compliance with all proper EHS, safety, fire, and OSHA rules, regulations and guidelines
6. Serves as Crisis Coordinator for assigned facilities and programs
7. Works collaboratively with necessary personnel to establish, maintain and update Emergency Actions Plans for all assigned facilities and spaces
8. Provides on-site supervision and event management of assigned events
9. Submits, tracks, and provides follow-up on all necessary work requests and maintenance needs for assigned facilities
10. Provides support to all Student Center Operations to include the Wilson Student Center, as needed
11. Provides support for division priorities and initiatives beyond the scope of the department, as requested
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education
One (1) year related work experience
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Master's Degree from an accredited institution of higher education in related fields
Experience with scheduling technology such as 7Point Ops or WhenToWork
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=226701&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency