Diversity & Inclusion Coordinator - (Part-Time)
Job DetailsJob Location Life Chiropractic College West HQ - Hayward, CAPosition Type Part TimeDescription ABOUT US
Life Chiropractic College West (Life West), is a leader in chiropractic education. Our dedicated focus on the profession sets us apart from other institutions making our doctoral and continuing education programs some of the most sought-after in the world.
Through a leading-edge curriculum and clinical training experience, we provide graduates with the knowledge, skills, philosophies, attitudes, and competencies to be the best in their field. Life West also empowers transformation. We believe that an outstanding education provides opportunities and resources far beyond the classroom experience. Our mission is to support the full career lifecycle from the classroom to retirement.CORE VALUES
The vision of Life West is to create a brighter future for humanity through graduating chiropractors who have a deep understanding of service, and of the innate potential of the human body to heal and adapt to its environment. The Doctor of Chiropractic program prepares graduates for personal and professional fulfillment in a climate of giving, doing, loving, and serving from a place of abundance.
The Part-time Human Resources Specialist assists the Director of Human Resources and Campus Culture and HR Generalists with filling, auditing, data collection, and administrative projects and tasks such as the following:
- Update/edit the Employee Handbook.
- Create and update Standard Operating Procedures.
- Coordinate the annual performance reviews for faculty. Upload them onto faculty accounts in Paycom.
- Monitor the completion and renewal of Foundry training on Sexual Harassment, Diversity & Inclusion, HIPAA, and FERPA. Assign training to existing employees.
- Create and update spreadsheets for managers to track employees’ vacations and SPL.
- Edit job descriptions for employees and managers and upload them onto the HRIS.
- Scan and file documents related to the recruitment and hiring of employees.
- Other assigned projects and tasks.
.GENERAL PERFORMANCE STANDARDS AND EXPECTATIONS
In addition to satisfactory performance on all of the responsibilities for this position, all College employees must fulfill the following basic performance expectations:
- Values, Mission, and Goals: All employees are expected to know and work by the College's values, mission and goals as set out in the college Strategic Plan.
- Customer Service: All College employees will strive to provide outstanding customer service to everyone they serve including students, the community, and fellow employees.
- Grooming and Appearance: College employees are expected to maintain a neat and professional image at all times. When issued, College personnel must wear uniforms, and maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance.
- Safety Awareness: College employees are expected to work diligently to maintain safe and healthful working conditions, and to adhere to proper operating practices and procedures designed to prevent injuries. Employees are required to wear personal protective equipment as provided, depending on the position.
- Attendance Standards: College employees are expected to attend their work assignments and schedules at all times, pursuant to the College's Employee Handbook.
- Training: College employees are expected to attend College-provided training sessions and meetings when deemed necessary or required.
- Continuous Improvement: College employees are expected to give attention to continuous assessment and improvement of the position's assigned set of duties and responsibilities.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE: EDUCATION & TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
- BA/BS degree required.
- 4+ years of administrative experience. 1+ years of Human Resources experience.
- Strong typing and computer application skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Knowledge of at least one database or information system.
- Understanding of recordkeeping requirements.
- Ability to edit documents.
- Present numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Demonstrate group presentation skills.
- Accurate and attentive to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to assist and support others.
- Ability to serve with confidence and integrity and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently, and develop realistic action plans.
- Nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment.
- Requires ability to communicate and exchange information; collect, compile, and prepare work documents; and set up and maintain work files.
- Standard office environment.
Life West is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the College's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors except where otherwise provided by law.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of Life Chiropractic College West. Since no job description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties, and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder’s responsibility.
Life Chiropractic College West is committed to being an Equal Opportunity employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Life Chiropractic College West to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or special disabled veteran, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.Qualifications