Diversity & Inclusion Coordinator - (Part-Time)
Job DetailsJob Location Life Chiropractic College West HQ - Hayward, CAPosition Type Part TimeDescription
Life Chiropractic College West (Life West), is a leader in chiropractic education. Our dedicated focus on the profession sets us apart from other institutions making our doctoral and continuing education programs some of the most sought-after in the world.
Through a leading-edge curriculum and clinical training experience, we provide graduates with the knowledge, skills, philosophies, attitudes, and competencies to be the best in their field. Life West also empowers transformation. We believe that an outstanding education provides opportunities and resources far beyond the classroom experience. Our mission is to support the full career lifecycle from the classroom to retirement.
The vision of Life West is to create a brighter future for humanity through graduating chiropractors who have a deep understanding of service, and of the innate potential of the human body to heal and adapt to its environment. The Doctor of Chiropractic program prepares graduates for personal and professional fulfilment in a climate of giving, doing, loving and serving from a place of abundance.
Life West’s strategic plan gives the highest priority to building a campus culture that embraces diversity and inclusion. A culture of diversity and inclusion will prepare the graduate for professional practice and community service with individual sensitivity, compassion, cultural awareness and a love for all humanity. This role will facilitate and coordinate planned initiatives, activities and training that demonstrate diversity and inclusion in the campus culture for our students and all faculty and employees to experience and follow.
The D&I Coordinator is a part time role working with the EVP, D&I Committee and all college managers to implement the college D&I annual plan through facilitating and coordinating policy creation and leadership, training and education, events and seminars, mentorship and guidance for students, faculty and staff.
· Primary responsibility for reviewing, updating and implementing the D&I annual plan including assessments of objectives and actions
· Work with marketing, admissions and HR managers to facilitate projects, policies and plans that increase the diversity of students, faculty, and staff along various dimensions of diversity including, but not limited to, racial/ethnic and gender groups which are underrepresented in chiropractic
· Work with academic, student life and HR managers to facilitate plans, policies and processes that increase the retention, progression, success and career advancement of students, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds including, but not limited to, racial/ethnic and gender groups which are underrepresented in chiropractic
· Work with academic and faculty leaders to facilitate plans, policies and processes that enrich existing curricular requirements to include broader and more complex understandings and professional competencies related to diversity and inclusion in classroom and clinical contexts
· Work with academic, faculty, HR and student life leaders to increase the competency of all faculty, staff and students for building and sustaining a Life West community and campus experience that is diverse and inclusive
· Work with students, faculty, staff and administration to increase efficacy and awareness of campus resources, formal policies and procedures to promote inclusion and to support reporting and resolving instances of bias among students, faculty and staff
· Work with institutional research staff, college managers and administrators to develop methods for the regular collection of diversity and inclusion related data and a process for vetting and reporting on diversity and inclusion progress and areas of risk to the Life West community
· Member of the D&I Committee and other appropriate college committees
GENERAL PERFORMANCE STANDARDS AND EXPECTATIONS
In addition to satisfactory performance on all of the responsibilities for this position, all College employees must fulfill the following basic performance expectations:
1. Values, Mission and Goals: All employees are expected to know and work by the College's values, mission and goals as set out in the college Strategic Plan.
2. Customer Service: All College employees will strive to provide outstanding customer service to everyone they serve including students, the community and fellow employees.
3. Grooming and Appearance: College employees are expected to maintain a neat and professional image at all times. When issued, College personnel must wear uniforms, and maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance.
4. Safety Awareness: College employees are expected to work diligently to maintain safe and healthful working conditions, and to adhere to proper operating practices and procedures designed to prevent injuries. Employees are required to wear personal protective equipment as provided, depending on the position.
5. Attendance Standards: College employees are expected to attend their work assignments and schedules at all times, pursuant to the College's Employee Handbook.
6. Training: College employees are expected to attend College-provided training sessions and meetings when deemed necessary or required.
7. Continuous Improvement: College employees are expected to give attention to continuous assessment and improvement of the position's assigned set of duties and responsibilities.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE: EDUCATION & TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
· Master’s degree in an appropriate field required, doctorate is preferred
· 3 to 5 years leadership experience with successful diversity, inclusion and equity projects, training, planning or community outreach initiatives
· Experience in higher education is preferred
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, including experience in developing and delivering presentations to senior leadership
· Ability to bring about change, an execution focused outlook with the ability to translate need into strategy and action
· Experience with workforce planning, employee training/development, and affirmative action planning
· Knowledge of higher education policy and compliance is preferred
· Ability to establish systems and databases for efficient tracking, access and reporting of information
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
· Strong record of working effectively with managers and colleagues in a multicultural and diverse environment
· Highly organized, self-motivated, responsible and able to take direction and work independently
· Vision, passion and commitment to addressing diversity and inclusion in higher education and the college
· Sensitivity to the needs of a diverse student, staff and faculty population
· Strong relationship building skills, leadership skills and team-building skills
1. Nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment.
2. Requires ability to communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work documents, set-up and maintain work files.
1. Work performed in a general office, classroom and laboratory environment.
Life West is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the College's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors except where otherwise provided by law.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of Life Chiropractic College West. Since no job description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder’s responsibility.
Job Type: Part-timeQualifications